Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about these two since they are probably the best pipes out there.

Has anyone had the opportunity to hear both of these? Any comments on sound/performance?

Wondering if I should consider RB Racing, I know they make a pretty good exhaust.

These are for a stock 2018 Road Glide Special.

Thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the Billet Cat, LOVE it. Sounds great, runs great on my 2018 RGS, paired it with an S&S intake and Powervison tuner with a FuelMoto tune.

Ordered it all from FuelMoto so they set it up, just installed and hot the road

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Thinking about these two since they are probably the best pipes out there.

Has anyone had the opportunity to hear both of these? Any comments on sound/performance?

Wondering if I should consider RB Racing, I know they make a pretty good exhaust.

These are for a stock 2018 Road Glide Special.

Thanks!
I’m in West Covina so you’re down the road from me. I have the D&D Billet Cat with a TTS 100 cam. Let me know if you want to hear what it sounds like. Another local member @hd4cruzin has the same pipe with a TTS 175 cam. Personally I’m very happy with the look, performance and sound. As you probably know it’s hard to find anyone running this pipe in SoCal.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The D&D Billet Cat is the go-to pipe to get the best numbers, bar none. Just look at any M8 builders page, and he will post dyno numbers from a D&D bike. Why, because he can get the best numbers from that pipe. The Bassani gives up 4-5 ponies up top

I personally love the tone of a Bassani Road Rage pipe, if the D&D wasn't on back order when I purchased my pipe, I would have gone with one. While searching for pipes, I found Bassani was getting ready to release a 50th anniversary Road Rage Stainless Pipe with FULL stainless heat shields. That sealed the deal for me, called Fuel Moto to see if it was available yet, gave them the part #.....and bam, Bassani drop shipped it to my house. Fit was excellent and its different

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Damn @Bruce00. I see you still spending lol. Do I dare quote you when the bike was 1st purchased? LOL … your bike build is looking awesome man. Timing is everything, so I’m told. That’s a good looking pipe. Nice pics

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Damn @Bruce00. I see you still spending lol. Do I dare quote you when the bike was 1st purchased? LOL … your bike build is looking awesome man. Timing is everything, so I’m told. That’s a good looking pipe. Nice pics
Thanks Kenny
I was saving for retirement when I got hit and put in Tramu Ward/SICU. When I went back to thank the nursing staff at Robert Wood Johnson hospital, I was told I wasn't expected to survive the first 3 days
Changes everything, when you learn, first hand, how short life is.....

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I hear you Bruce. You are fortunate to throw a leg over to say the least. You only live once so you may as well enjoy it.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
36 Posts
I did the D&D Fat Cat on my 103TC, loud as f&^k but loved it. (Screaming Eagle orange box tuner) Sounded like a stock car. I did the Billet Cat on a M8 stage IV 128ci build that was much tamer sound wise at idle but sounded great under load (ThunderMax Tuner) I run a S&S sidewinder on a stage II that I'm currently riding (Shitty Screaming Eagle EPA Tuner). All three make good power and sound great. Many of the people I ride with are running Bassani Road Rage, also makes good power and sounds great. I personally think the Road Rage is the sexiest choice between the three manufactures. The S&S sidewinder is the best bang for the buck. It was relatively inexpensive and good fit and finish. All the above choices will net about the same kind of power, they all have about the same header design, and are about the same co length and make great choices for all around power. I ride with a guy that has the D&D Bob Cat, I'm not fond of the look, makes good power in the upper RPM range. The shorter the pipe the more it takes away from the bottom end and the more HP you'll get at the top of the RPM range. This is based on my observations with my stuff and people i ride with. I work at a dealership so I hear a lot of opinions, every day. lol. Then of course HPI, Feuling, Burns, Royal-T if you want the best of the best. Pricy though. Once again, my opinions only. Tons of options out there. Don't get stuck on D&D.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I run the D&D Boarzilla on my 124 twin cam. I know the TC's and M8's have a different exhaust note but I love the sound of it on my bike. When I first put it on the bike and started it my neighbor across the street told me he thought i bought an old big block chevy lol.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m in West Covina so you’re down the road from me. I have the D&D Billet Cat with a TTS 100 cam. Let me know if you want to hear what it sounds like. Another local member @hd4cruzin has the same pipe with a TTS 175 cam. Personally I’m very happy with the look, performance and sound. As you probably know it’s hard to find anyone running this pipe in SoCal.
Yeah - I would like to hear your bike. I go to Cooks Corner all the time; usually there every Saturday and Sunday morning.
Also looking at getting a cam, but maybe next year. Pretty much sold on the DND, the only other one I would consider is the
I would love to hear your bike. Also thinking about a cam, bit probably not until next year.
Pretty much sold on the DND, the only exhaust I would consider is the RB Racing system. I had one of theirs on my previous bike, s 200/ Road King. Super high quality.
I’m at Cooks every weekend in the Moro, Saturday and Sunday- live pretty close.
Let me know next time you’re in the area.
I could also cruise by West Covina, not too far away.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The D&D Billet Cat is the go-to pipe to get the best numbers, bar none. Just look at any M8 builders page, and he will post dyno numbers from a D&D bike. Why, because he can get the best numbers from that pipe. The Bassani gives up 4-5 ponies up top

I personally love the tone of a Bassani Road Rage pipe, if the D&D wasn't on back order when I purchased my pipe, I would have gone with one. While searching for pipes, I found Bassani was getting ready to release a 50th anniversary Road Rage Stainless Pipe with FULL stainless heat shields. That sealed the deal for me, called Fuel Moto to see if it was available yet, gave them the part #.....and bam, Bassani drop shipped it to my house. Fit was excellent and its different View attachment 428045
View attachment 428046
That is a bad-ass looking pipe!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do you have a cam installed, or is your bike stock?
I am in the process of an engine build, so no sound yet, but last year in Sturgis the S&S guys had a RGS with the 475 cam and the Billet Cat installed...fucking awesome sounding.

Nothing wrong with the Bassani, but I have a Fat Boy with a 124 and a D&D, after researching for that it produced by far the best numbers especially on mod engines. So naturally I bought the Billet Cat for my M8 also.

The quality is topnotch also.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
That is a bad-ass looking pipe!
Thanks, it has that Bassani mellow tone and plenty of down low grunt. It gives up some up top, but has no problem putting the speedo needle at the 6 o'clock position in 5th

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
36 Posts
You can't go wrong with the D&D pipe, great company and great pipe. Good luck with your build, I appreciate your posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
@georgec meeting at Cooks Corner works for me. I’m not sure I can do it until after SW. I’ll PM you my number and we can get together soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts