Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soon as im run in on my 2018 RGS ill be looking at some performance changes. What are you running and what sort of gains did you get.

CURRENTLY

Stock Debaffled/Stock Air/Stock Tune

LOOKING AT

Rinehart 4.5 slipons/Big Sucker/FP3 tuner/Zippers Red Shift 468 CAM

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
I went with the HD set up, torque cam, screaming chicken tuner and SE slip on. I know there’s better performance products, but I wanted to keep the bike warranty friendly, especially since mine is a 17, first year M8. The cam did make a noticeable difference, only proof I have is my smile and seat reaction, I didn’t have it dynoed

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
745 Posts
I went with the HD set up, torque cam, screaming chicken tuner and SE slip on. I know there’s better performance products, but I wanted to keep the bike warranty friendly, especially since mine is a 17, first year M8. The cam did make a noticeable difference, only proof I have is my smile and seat reaction, I didn’t have it dynoed
I had the stage III done and it was tuned with the Harley tuner and stock exhaust. It was better but far from what I wanted. I then bought the D&D 2-1 exhaust and tuned it with my power vision, was like riding a completely different bike. Sound is a katrillion times better and when you twist it up, you better be holding on. It's much more to my satisfaction, but it's still not a Harley...Just saying. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fuel Moto is going to be testing a few different bolt in cams for the M8 at the end of January. They're testing the following cams - Cycle-Rama 460, Redshift 468, Wood WM8-22X, S&S 475C, Andrews M460. This will give us some real numbers since they will be using the same bike, tuner, exhaust & intake. Can't wait for the results!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Fuel Moto is going to be testing a few different bolt in cams for the M8 at the end of January. They're testing the following cams - Cycle-Rama 460, Redshift 468, Wood WM8-22X, S&S 475C, Andrews M460. This will give us some real numbers since they will be using the same bike, tuner, exhaust & intake. Can't wait for the results!

Looking forward to the results!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Got a 18 Road Glide Special,Went with Rinehart SlimLine Duals,Arlen Ness Big Sucker With The Stock Cover Had it Dynoed With a Power Vision,Bike runs Good,107 is Smooth a Fast.Had a Strong 103 Street Glide That I sold to my Buddy so I really See the Difference.I always Go with Full Exhaust Air Cleaner an Have them Dynoed,They Run Good an are reliable!

Reactions: Bigwoody767

·
Registered
575 Posts
Soon as im run in on my 2018 RGS ill be looking at some performance changes. What are you running and what sort of gains did you get.

CURRENTLY

Stock Debaffled/Stock Air/Stock Tune

LOOKING AT

Rinehart 4.5 slipons/Big Sucker/FP3 tuner/Zippers Red Shift 468 CAM
I would get a more capable tuner than the FP3 and have it tuned on a dyno if you're going to change cam.

Reactions: Bigwoody767

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stage II torque cam, air cleaner, and pro street tuner plus Street Canon slip-ons. I've only ridden it a couple times with this setup as it is winter here in MA. It has better acceleration but I'd like to get it dynoed also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts