Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
057.JPG

Had a video, but can't attach because of missing security token? Anyway... anyone ever seen or heard of this happening? It's an '18 with 18K.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ruh-ruo, looks like you will be paying for that repair as you have probably voided your warranty....

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ruh-ruo, looks like you will be paying for that repair as you have probably voided your warranty....

I guess we'll see... Maybe they will be in a generous mood!:grin:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd put it back as close to stock as you can before taking it in. You might squeak by.

Wish I could, but the bike stranded me 1300 miles away from home. Had to be towed to the nearest dealer. Anyone got any connections @ Alligator Alley in Ft. Lauderdale?:grin:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Btw... HOG roadside assistance was a total waste of time. Took them an hour to send out a guy who took one look at the bike- said "I can't do that", got back in his truck and left...:frown:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Seen it before, but not on the new engine. Hope they take care of that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seen it before, but not on the new engine. Hope they take care of that.
BBB; I hope they take care of it too. Because You've seen it before, do You happen to know what was done for repair? Was thread repair (Timesert maybe) of some sort an option or was a new head installed? If You happen to know, I would appreciate any info that could help. Especially if the dealer says I'm Sol on warranty... Thanks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
BBB; I hope they take care of it too. Because You've seen it before, do You happen to know what was done for repair? Was thread repair (Timesert maybe) of some sort an option or was a new head installed? If You happen to know, I would appreciate any info that could help. Especially if the dealer says I'm Sol on warranty... Thanks.
The times we replaced the head since it was customer pay. If it were my own I would consider having it welded and re cut. Most good machine shops could handle that depending on the cost of a new head. The M8 has some pretty good cranking compression, I wonder if that compression release has not been working properly for some time. How many miles on the engine?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Hope the Dealer honors the warranty.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've heard of blowing a spark plug before, but not an ACR. If it wasn't altered after you brought it, the only thing I can think of is that it wasn't torqued correctly during assembly. It doesn't have to come totally unscrewed, it only needs to vibrate enough to damage the threads over time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts