Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have heard of substitutes for the trans?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Using Belray Trans Fluid. Been using it since 2007 on my last 3 bikes. Was recommended by HD when the first 6 speeds came out to help quiet the whine of 5 gear.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Haven't considered it yet, I don't have any problems (knock on wood) with the tranny, just an oil leak that the dealer fixed. Still using Syn3...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I'm going to be changing mine this week, plan to use Redline, same as my 10 and 16.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
They may have made changes to the engine but the tranny is the same. Just get rid of that syn3 that's in the tranny and use a good full synthetic gear lube. I have over 100,000 trouble free miles on my tranny using Mobil1 or Valvoline 75w140 full synthetic gear lube.

·
Registered
242 Posts
They may have made changes to the engine but the tranny is the same. Just get rid of that syn3 that's in the tranny and use a good full synthetic gear lube. I have over 100,000 trouble free miles on my tranny using Mobil1 or Valvoline 75w140 full synthetic gear lube.
Gear lube sounds logical, never thought about that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
One week ago 5200 miles on a 17 RGU i changed out my SYN3 to tranny oil to Spectro
Platinmum 75w 140. I have read and heard tranny oil makes a difference. After one week with the spectro i have notice a nice differents with my Bike it goes in and out of neutral a lot easier then ever. Also no more clucking from neutral into 1st and a whole lot smoother shifting for me. Love the way it's preforming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts