Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this has already been covered but wanted to make this thread anyways for future reference or for new members.

The M8 oil pumps have gone through a number of changes since being released in 2017. The most recent one, and the one I feel is the most important upgrade is the new oil pump cover. It now has a gasket built into the cover to help seal off the crank bearing on the right side from the cam chest. It comes standard on ‘19 models but will retrofit 17 and 18 years. Any time I do a cam, I check this plate and replace with the new one if it doesn’t have it. Once I explain to customers, they are very understanding and happy. In the attached pics, you will see the original oil pump cover on the left and the update on the right. The part number is also shown in a pic.

Again, I’m sure it’s been covered but I wanted to put it out there just make sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I’m sure this has already been covered but wanted to make this thread anyways for future reference or for new members.

The M8 oil pumps have gone through a number of changes since being released in 2017. The most recent one, and the one I feel is the most important upgrade is the new oil pump cover. It now has a gasket built into the cover to help seal off the crank bearing on the right side from the cam chest. It comes standard on ‘19 models but will retrofit 17 and 18 years. Any time I do a cam, I check this plate and replace with the new one if it doesn’t have it. Once I explain to customers, they are very understanding and happy. In the attached pics, you will see the original oil pump cover on the left and the update on the right. The part number is also shown in a pic.

Again, I’m sure it’s been covered but I wanted to put it out there just make sure.
I saw this a few weeks ago and even though I think this will help the with the sumping issue, I feel the main cause is there is not proper crankcase venting and until they get that right there will still be issues.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t disagree with you at all. I know that Tman is working on an updated breather system for the M8s and I know they already have a windage tray / scraper system for the cases.

Reactions: RGKen
1 - 3 of 3 Posts