Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all,
Anybody found out what tuners take care of these two, I'm guessing the big three and it's probably in here somewhere but I'm short on time . Yep I'm aware of the warranty implications.

·
Registered
189 Posts
When I put Exhaust An Air Cleaner on Had my Bike Dynoed also with a Power Vision,No more Rev Limiter now 6300rpms so much better Hate those Rev limiters,Runs Great.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Power Vision did the job , but I really have no use for the increase RPMS. Even with the sidecar the M8 does the job.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
More or less any race tuner will eliminate the safeties. With an M8 you might want to go easy on pushing the rpm limiter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My feelings are the factory puts the limiter in for a reason.
Face it, these motors, ( from my bad luck anyway), don’t seem to take long walks on the beach with high rpms.
Correct?
Shortened lifespan come to mind so I don’t know why most want to circumnavigate factory safeguards.:crying:

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Speed limiter I can see getting rid of. The Rev limit is raised to about 6300rpms on most MAPs Stage 1 and up even with the street tuner. Why you would want to get rid of that or raise it I have no idea. 6k is more than high enough as your cam is done by then anyway unless you have some pretty high Hp cam. Even then the Rev limiter is a good thing. If you want to Rev some high Rpms go buy you a crotch rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Will add a question. I just have stage one with street tuner. Agree with most on here about rev limiter. My question is what is the speed limiter set at? Discovered out west last year that my M8 cruise will not set above 90mph....:grin: 89 is fine, 90 is a no go... Who knew?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Will add a question. I just have stage one with street tuner. Agree with most on here about rev limiter. My question is what is the speed limiter set at? Discovered out west last year that my M8 cruise will not set above 90mph....:grin: 89 is fine, 90 is a no go... Who knew?

110 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I have a 18 RGS with HD stage 1, HD tuner and street cannons. I have tried twice and at 100, that is it. With that being said, I will not do that again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We don't need no freakin speed limiter...

I hear ya on not being able to set the cruise control running 100 mph. I just had to laugh out loud. After I went out west last year and experienced exactly what you did, I told my buddy about it when I got back from the trip. He was like, "you didn't try to set it going that fast". I told him "Hell yes I did, there's some long, boring ass roads out west." Glad to know I am not going crazy. Mine won't set above 90 mph either. Whether I change that, I don't know. Probably best to leave that one alone. But my 15 RGS will run 90-100 just as long as it has gas.
As far as a tuner, I have a Power Vision with Target Tune and I absolutely love it. It will do just about anything you could want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts