Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyone running for tuners on their M8 ? I hear power vision is the new cats meow. also heard TTS was a thing of the past , than heard Doc still using them ? confused

·
Registered
540 Posts
This is another one of those "which oil do you prefer" questions. I think you'll find that most guys are going to tell you to go with the tuner that your local shop prefers to tune with. There are several different options out there and some just prefer one platform vs. another. There is no "one" tuner.... decisions are more preference based than performance in my opinion.

Power vision is a widely popular one and my local HD shop Dyno tunes using the Power vision. A lot of people who don't need the ability to plug the tuner into a dyno to manipulate tables opt for the Vance & Hines FP3 for the ease of use and the ability to see things in real time on your phone.

What are some of the reasons you're considering a tuner? Will you tune the bike now and do an engine component upgrade later on? How mild to wild are you looking to go with a tune and engine components? Those answers will help drive which tuner will be better suited to your needs.

whats everyone running for tuners on their M8 ? I hear power vision is the new cats meow. also heard TTS was a thing of the past , than heard Doc still using them ? confused

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is another one of those "which oil do you prefer" questions. I think you'll find that most guys are going to tell you to go with the tuner that your local shop prefers to tune with. There are several different options out there and some just prefer one platform vs. another. There is no "one" tuner.... decisions are more preference based than performance in my opinion.

Power vision is a widely popular one and my local HD shop Dyno tunes using the Power vision. A lot of people who don't need the ability to plug the tuner into a dyno to manipulate tables opt for the Vance & Hines FP3 for the ease of use and the ability to see things in real time on your phone.

What are some of the reasons you're considering a tuner? Will you tune the bike now and do an engine component upgrade later on? How mild to wild are you looking to go with a tune and engine components? Those answers will help drive which tuner will be better suited to your needs.
Wanna do cam , air cleaner, pipe and tuner all at the same time. I don't use piggy back tuners ever. this is the first bike I'm tuning since 2011 so I know the tuner technology has changed . you'd be surprised what certain tuners swear by whats good and bad . thus the dilemma

·
Registered
540 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy a Power Vision from Fuel Moto and they will load a tune in for your particular components. With that said, if you opt to tinker or change things, you at least have the support to be able to call FM and bounce ideas off them etc.

Wanna do cam , air cleaner, pipe and tuner all at the same time. I don't use piggy back tuners ever. this is the first bike I'm tuning since 2011 so I know the tuner technology has changed . you'd be surprised what certain tuners swear by whats good and bad . thus the dilemma

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy a Power Vision from Fuel Moto and they will load a tune in for your particular components. With that said, if you opt to tinker or change things, you at least have the support to be able to call FM and bounce ideas off them etc.

Fuel Moto and Power Vision would be my choice. It was my choice on my 2016. I have a stage 3 M8 now and I am using the SEPST and getting ready to add the smart tune pro this week. I would rather have a Power Vision that has been dyno tuned but not willing to give up my 5 years of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts