Road Glide banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
You might try an oil change and see if that helps. I start hearing ticking from my 17 M8 114 after about 3000-4000 miles on the oil.
BG
So today I stopped by to test ride A114 M8 Scorched Orange.The lifter clatter sounded like grannies sewing machine this bike had 385 miles on it.It rode nice Gets you to 80 quick hard to shift with no heel (for this old rider) I guess no heel shifter means boot sales will sky rocket. So as I proceeded with this now Un interested purchase. I did have a short list of upgrades. Inner flaring paint,stage 2, heated grips, highway pegs,I asked is there any parts you find hard to get? he answers “ yes heel shifters” Wow.Oh and he said in order to get top dollar at trade in you really need the extended warranty.It shows us your committed to maintenance. Really ! I am the original owner of a 2010 Roadglide custom my entire purchase and maintenance history is contained in a Harley file online they can see every nut bolt and oil change that I’ve done for the last 10 years when I bought the bike in 2010 I felt rather than buy an extended warranty I would save those dollars for upgrades and maintenance my 2010 has never let me down But this dealership sure did it’s exhausting our bikes are worth nothing there’s is worth everything I’m gonna shop for some Olins
ride safe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So today I stopped by to test ride A114 M8 Scorched Orange.The lifter clatter sounded like grannies sewing machine this bike had 385 miles on it.It rode nice Gets you to 80 quick hard to shift with no heel (for this old rider) I guess no heel shifter means boot sales will sky rocket. So as I proceeded with this now Un interested purchase. I did have a short list of upgrades. Inner flaring paint,stage 2, heated grips, highway pegs,I asked is there any parts you find hard to get? he answers “ yes heel shifters” Wow.Oh and he said in order to get top dollar at trade in you really need the extended warranty.It shows us your committed to maintenance. Really ! I am the original owner of a 2010 Roadglide custom my entire purchase and maintenance history is contained in a Harley file online they can see every nut bolt and oil change that I’ve done for the last 10 years when I bought the bike in 2010 I felt rather than buy an extended warranty I would save those dollars for upgrades and maintenance my 2010 has never let me down But this dealership sure did it’s exhausting our bikes are worth nothing there’s is worth everything I’m gonna shop for some Olins
ride safe
Thats pretty wild. Kinda disappointing that they are noisy out of the box now. If you proceed with the purchase and need a heel shifter I've got one in a box in the garage. Took that garbage off when I got the bike home from the stealership. PM if interested you could paypal me the shipping cost and thats all I'll charge for it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thats pretty wild. Kinda disappointing that they are noisy out of the box now. If you proceed with the purchase and need a heel shifter I've got one in a box in the garage. Took that garbage off when I got the bike home from the stealership. PM if interested you could paypal me the shipping cost and thats all I'll charge for it.
Thanks for that it’s guys like you that give me a reason to hang out here so check this out so I go to another dealer find a 114 two of them side-by-side ask the salesman if it was OK to start them up in the shop he agreed and looked at me funny as to why
these motors both sounded perfect smooth nice tight throttle the service manager comes over and asks what’s up and I tell him about this scorched orange 114 rattle trap he said that he has seen one and heard of that from other customers And he said it is a real thing so then the sales manager comes over and I kind of wanted River rock which he said he would find that these two bikes though not necessarily what I was looking for sound beautiful and they are nice bikes but he said if he brought one in for me and I wasn’t happy with the sound of the motor that he would return the bike and get me one till I liked it.WTF I appreciate the extra effort on his part but where is the quality control at the point of manufacturing if this is how it’s going to be for these price points they should start giving away extended warranties .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
FINAL UPDATE!!!!

So I picked up my bike today from the shop! and the noise is gone! All we did was put S&S premium lifters and a set of quickie pushrods.

Happy to have the ol girl back home!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
FINAL UPDATE!!!!

So I picked up my bike today from the shop! and the noise is gone! All we did was put S&S premium lifters and a set of quickie pushrods.

Happy to have the ol girl back home!!
Ya so.........its not entirely gone. It is definitely quieter and goes away a hell of a lot faster.
😔😔😔

41 - 46 of 46 Posts