Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to go with the Yaffe but have decided to lean towards Buky 12" Mad Doggers or the 14" Malos. Does anyone have any experience with either one and pics would really be appreciated. Im 6' tall. 2012 RGU. Going to be a lot of touring. Thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Check the link in my signature for my build thread I have pics of my Doggers 14" x 1.5". I love them! Great service top notch stuff.

Why would you get taller malos then doggers? The doggers have a 2" drop at the grips and the malos do not. Did you mean 14" Doggers and 12" Malos?

Check this link too
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=31639

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the link in my signature for my build thread I have pics of my Doggers 14" x 1.5". I love them! Great service top notch stuff.

Why would you get taller malos then doggers? The doggers have a 2" drop at the grips and the malos do not. Did you mean 14" Doggers and 12" Malos?

Check this link too
Yes your right 14" Doggers and 12" Malos. Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made up my mind, Thanks Rhino!

After chatting with Rhino and seeing pics of his sweet glide, I'm going with the 14" Doggers. Thanks Rhino!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Check this link too
Hey Rhino, I love the bars and bike! I see where you made a comment in another thread about the 16's. That's the ones I'm thinking about. Do you have a picture of you sitting on the bike with your hands on the bars? How tall are you. I'm 6' 1''. Don't want to go too tall. Thanks for all your posts. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'3'' and went with 20's, They are a Malo without the MeatHook :)
will post pics very very soon as she is getting them installed today.
Bike will be home on Saturday.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I to am torn between these 2 bars. I had the 12 todd cycle bars but there was not enough pull back (5 1/2 inches) and I did not like how the grips pointed downward. swapped those for the 12 outlawz w0612. I liked the pull back (8in) and I liked the grip angle being almost parallel with the road. But I do not like the styling. I plan on going 14 with these bars and think the malos might be the bar for me 14x1.5 and I think the pull back is 8 1/4. I called and talked with Luis but he was a little hard to understand. I think he said the Malos grip was parallel with the road and the doggers pointed down.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am having a pair of 16 Malos being built right now. I will post pics of them when I get them. I currently have 13" bars and they just weren't enough. I'm 6'0.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I to am torn between these 2 bars. I had the 12 todd cycle bars but there was not enough pull back (5 1/2 inches) and I did not like how the grips pointed downward. swapped those for the 12 outlawz w0612. I liked the pull back (8in) and I liked the grip angle being almost parallel with the road. But I do not like the styling. I plan on going 14 with these bars and think the malos might be the bar for me 14x1.5 and I think the pull back is 8 1/4. I called and talked with Luis but he was a little hard to understand. I think he said the Malos grip was parallel with the road and the doggers pointed down.
That is correct...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I ordered the 12" Malos 1.5 on the 15th and am hoping I get them in time to install next week. I went with 12's to reuse the stock cables, I didn't want to deal with the ABS brakes...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont change your mind after you order from Buky

Well I thought I was going with the 14" Doggers but I just got a call and they told me it would be another 3-4 weeks for the !4". They have my 12" Doggers ready to ship today that I ordered on May 17th so I'm going with the 12". I think I'll be happy seeing that my Ultra is going to be more of a tourer than a custom. Just remember if you order don't change your mind midstream cuz you go back to the end of the line. :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mad Doggers or Malo's

Yeah I was about to order the Mad Doggers also, but I noticed the significant drop on the end of the handlebars. Pulled the Malo's back up, and realized that they were more straight out and closer to parallel to the road. Since I initially was gonna do the Wild1's 14 OutlawZ, I opted for the Malo's instead. I too did not want a weird angle for my wrist and these looked pretty flat and the pull back was comparable to the OutlawZ.
Just waiting patiently (yeah right) for them to arrive.

Jack

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just installed the 12" Mad Doggers 1.5" diameter. The wider bar helped with the internal wiring, it made it much easier... All stock wiring and cables worked with no issues...... I think they are very comfortable, and their quality is outstanding. It only took 2 weeks from the time I ordered them till I received the shipment. I added the link to my pics. I would highly recommend Buky Bars....

http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25041&d=1370264823

http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25042&d=1370264834

·
Registered
451 Posts
I went with the 12" malo's. I was able to use stock cables, but it was a pain in the ass rerouting the clutch cable, it is stretched to the max. New black pearl cables will be here this week!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts