Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aka The Angry Shark

I was futzing around in the garage last night and decided to do a little windshield modding. I love my Madstad but the 16" is only required when the boss lady is on the back. So for solo rides I thought I'd use a 10" LRS Mako that I had laying around. It had a couple of cracks in it so wasn't worth much. I trimmed the bottom edge to match the profile of the Madstad shield and drilled some mounting holes. Only took a few minutes so no loss if it doesn't work out. I'll get it out for a test run later today

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another shot

Attachments

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same with a Wind vest. Looking forward to your review.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same with a Wind vest. Looking forward to your review.
Ya. Me too. Looks pretty good. Get out and ride.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it works pretty good. It's a bit lower than the original 10" mako but because it's mounted a little further forward, combined with the neutral whatchamacallit recirculating defomgablulating airflow dealio that the madstad provides, it provides decent, um airflow, without the buffeting of a regular low windshield. So, in conclusion, I like it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
491 Posts
As long as you like it and it works for you, that's all that matters.?

Reactions: stackrat

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Passed the boss lady test with a solid B, maybe a B+ (but she won't admit it). She obviously prefers the taller shield but I cranked the mad mako up to the top of the adjuster and she didn't complain on a backroad ride last night. Speeds of 50-60 were fine. I'd say it's a keeper for short hops when the tour pack is off and I want more of a TRX look

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Nice job. I didn't think about this and now I am going to look and see if I take my old windvest and mod it to the Madstad too. If anyone did the windvest let me see some pics so I can maybe get an idea too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts