Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well our trip went pretty well ,sort of speak, up north. Got on the Auto train in Sanford Fl. Friday afternoon. Met a lot of good people. We got the roomette. The one with our own private bath and shower. I wouldn't do any less next time. Coach seating would of been okay but those cars really rocked back and forth a lot, plus I like my privacy and so does the wife. Got off in Lorton Va. Rode up to my brothers house in Northwest Pa. Hung there for a few days then went up to Northeast Pa. and visited some winery's. Beautiful country up that way. Now for the bad part. We were heading out for all you can eat fish one afternoon and it was getting late in the evening. 4:30pm. My brother was leading and I was right behind when out of know where a deer bolted out in front of him. We were going about 45-50 mph. His bike went down and they went down as well. Long story short he sustained road rash and she wasn't quite as lucky. Broke her left arm in three places crushed her eye socket and road rash. She survived though. She just got out of the hospital after a weeks stay. She is doing well. Thank God!!
I guess we picked a bad time of year to travel in Pa on a motorcycle. Archery season was in and deer are crazy during that time. Be careful out there.
Sorry for the long post but I wanted to let you know about the train and such. I will try to post some pics but it says my images are to big. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts