Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading good reviews on the madstad, some of you all that carry a passenger, how do they like it, I have a fltruse and am running the stock winsheild and have tried a clearview and harley wind splitter she hates them both. i hate to spend the money on the madstad and her not like it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I bought the MadStad after having a 14" Windvest, which was tolerable for me, but the wife was getting pummeled in the rear seat. MadStad cured the problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. When Momma's happy, everyone's happy.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You can't go wrong with the madstad. I have almost 10k miles behind mine. My wife has never complained.

They used to give you a 90 day try out to make sure u like it. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My wife never complained with the different shields I had on the bike prior to the Mad Stad, she thought that's the way it was supposed to be.

When I installed the MadStad she immediately commented she couldn't believe how much better the ride is for her.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ride two up 90% of the time, 16" madstad light tint does the trick for us..
Went with with the 16" because the wife is 5'9" and sits up higher than I..

:)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just installed a 14.5" today. A little for my Missus, and some more for me. I have a 2009 which has a lower fairing than 2010 and newer, so I am very glad I got a 14.5". I am 5'9" to 5'10"(on a good back day) and I can see over that windshield at full height adjustment. If I want to look through I just slouch a bit. I am wondering if I should have got a 16". At its lowest setting it is lower than my Windvest 13". Have not had Missus on the back yet. Hoping it works for her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You brought up another good question according to madstad chart I am right on line for either the 11 or 13 I am thinking the 13 to help the wifey any thoughts.

·
Registered
654 Posts
All of personal experience, whether at work or at play is "Go Large Or Go Home!" After reading all the threads about people complaining about buffeting I realized the shield they complained about was a very cool looking but short shield. I kid you not. I can see over a 14.5 easy. Had I purchased a 16" madstad it probably would have been fine. If it was too tall I could have taped it and cut off what I needed to. Another good saying I heard from a wise fellow I know is, "you might as well be looking at it than looking for it."

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I first got my '09 a couple of years ago it had a Klockwerks on it and also came with a Clearview. The first 100 mile ride with the Klockwerks my wife was ready to go back to the Dyna! The Clearview was better but she likes the Madstad best. I am 6' with 34" inseam, wife is 5'7". HD Sundowner seat, 13" Madstad. Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
When I first got my '09 a couple of years ago it had a Klockwerks on it and also came with a Clearview. The first 100 mile ride with the Klockwerks my wife was ready to go back to the Dyna! The Clearview was better but she likes the Madstad best. I am 6' with 34" inseam, wife is 5'7". HD Sundowner seat, 13" Madstad. Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Just about the same as us. We have the stock CVO seat which I think is the Hammock. Damn I need to stay out of these Gagstad threads.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I too have the 16 inch with light tint and the wife could not be happier. I have no issues with the look as it works like a charm. The function is more important to me than the look so it was easy for me to get used to it.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
16" medium gray tint on a 2011 FLTRU. I'm 6'0" and it is set about my chin level. Wife use to get pummeled by bad air, now she has "a slight breeze on her face". I have had it for 18,000 miles and have never needed to adjust it since the first week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased a 13" madstad over the winter after reading the reviews on roadglide.org. I got it mounted in jan. Removing a hd windsplitter which was ok for me but my wife said she got a lot of buffeting and couldn't hear music or me talking at all. The first time I got her on the bike, she said " wow, I can hear the radio", she has no more buffeting and we can carry on a conversation. I am 5'9 I have raised to the tip of my nose and set at 62 degrees. You get used to the looks, I kind of like it now, if you don't like it return it, but I bet you will keep it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I got one of the first Madstaads, 16" with the light tint. Wife and I both are very happy with it.
At this point I would not consider any other shield.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
i hate to spend the money on the madstad and her not like it. Thanks
You've probably already spent more than the MadStad costs. Cut your losses, sell your old screens to others who are willing to keep dropping cash on experiments (quick, before they figure it out), and make you and your passenger happy! :rolleyes:

I have 35,000 miles behind mine. I just updated to the new quick adjust brackets after about 34,000 on the old ones. They're still fully functional, but the quick adjust is a really nice feature.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Just about the same as us. We have the stock CVO seat which I think is the Hammock. Damn I need to stay out of these Gagstad threads.:rolleyes:

OBB,

My riding buddy has the same bike as you and he said he would never put one of those ugly windshields on his bike. When I got mine he test rode my bike and he couldn't believe how it felt. He tried to hold out because he still wasn't sold on the looks but long story short.... he now has a MS on his CVO. He bought the dark tint in the 13" with the holes drilled 1" higher. It actually looks great on his bike. I will try and send you some pics the next time we get together so you can see what it looks like on a bike like yours if you want.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts