Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The big brown truck showed up Friday, installed Madstad this evening. All I can is, WOW! They definitely wrap up everything very well and the wellnuts are worth the $7.50. Install was simple and instructions were very easy to follow. Took the bike out for a short ride to see how the shield performed and it lived up to it's reputation. Will have to make some minor adjustments to find the sweet spot, I'm pretty close right now just need a little fine tuning. By the way, it really does look better in person:D. Will post pics later once I'm happy with my settings.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Agree when I ordered one I really had second thoughts on the look. After the install and riding with it for a while I don't think it looks bad at all. Plus it sure does work.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I've been running a Madstad for several years. It's the best windshield I have ever had and won't be trading it out but it's the ugliest thing I have ever put on my bike.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me wrong, it's not a sleek,super sexy, low profile windshield that everybody seems to be looking for but then again niether is the RGU. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Amen to all

Put one on my 2015 special, and all of a sudden, everything went away i.e. wind noise, and I could finally hear my radio, Madstad didn't disappoint me with 2010 RGU, and once again, hit it out the park!!! I didn't have to fine tune it yet and I'm close to 2k with it, I just put it on, lift and pitch it just a little, for a test ride, been there since.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Curious - do the new shields come with a poly base plate to attach the windshield to or is it still made of aluminum?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Madstad adjustment

Took the bike out today for a small ride to fine tune the windshield. After tuning in the madstad, went for a small ride to get lunch, the next 130 miles was by far the most pleasurable I've had since owning a Road Glide. Definitely worth the money.:)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
base plate

It looks like it's a poly base.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Took the bike out today for a small ride to fine tune the windshield. After tuning in the madstad, went for a small ride to get lunch, the next 130 miles was by far the most pleasurable I've had since owning a Road Glide. Definitely worth the money.:)
Yup, told ya so, as it is said, it works!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I LOVE mine too!!!!!......BTW Please please Please make sure the the adjustment hardware is good and tight before riding after making a adjustment. My lower right hand was a just snug and after i got back from a run to the gas station.(just 2 miles) i had a very nice groove worn into the clear coat down to the base paint that can't be buffed out. Just a heads up;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had 12" KW and liked the look of it but it beat me up. Switched to a 14" Windvest and thought that nothing could be better. I was wrong...
Yeah some people don't believe fat meat is greasy, Makes me laugh when some say the Madstad is too ugly, of course that was said about the Roadglide too, but they got one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts