1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Nope:D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I've seen some sold ~ not sure if it was a horror story or the look, this is the third and final windshield on the bike. The only thing I did was go from the 13 to 11 since it works so well.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I recently purchased a 14.5" Madstad. When I opened the box everything was thoroughly wrapped in bubble plastic. The bag that the windshield was in had a scratch about 1.5" long as if it had been scraped on a nail or a sharp object. The area of windshield under the plastic bag has a light scratch on it. I called Mark at Madstad right away and he sent me another windshield. I received the second shield about 2 and a half weeks later. (it takes a long time to mail goods through Canada Customs) The weather is finally warming up here in Ontario so I finally got around to installing the windshield on Tuesday this week. The bag that the second shield came in was unmarked and indeed the second shield was blemish free. BUT. BUT! BUT!!!!!! I could not mount the second shield because the mounting holes are drilled in entirely wrong places. It simply does not fit the brackets. The bottom holes are 15 inches apart and are not aligned with the top holes. The bottom holes are only about 1.5" from the bottom of the shield. It I could have mounted it, the shield would be over my eyes at its lowest level. When I place the second shield on top of the scratched shield I can clearly see that the holes for mounting the shield are not correct, waaaay off. OH !#$%&*@. So I am not too happy. Mark, if you read these posts and you are concerned about quality management you are welcome to send me another 14.5" bronze smoke shield. I live in Napanee , Ontario. You can look back through you can look up my address if you like. So, I have now taken a breath and I will calm down a little. I have the first shield with the light scratch mounted, and it works great. If I could compare it to driving a four door car. It is like I was driving with only one back window down, causing terrible drumming of air inside the car. Then rolling down one of the front windows and now the air flows cleanly through the front window and out the rear window. Much more quiet air flow.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Grambo, why don't you call or email Madstad then send the faulty windshield back?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Only horror story is the money I spent on windshields before I got the Madstad.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I recently purchased a 14.5" Madstad. When I opened the box everything was thoroughly wrapped in bubble plastic. The bag that the windshield was in had a scratch about 1.5" long as if it had been scraped on a nail or a sharp object. The area of windshield under the plastic bag has a light scratch on it. I called Mark at Madstad right away and he sent me another windshield. I received the second shield about 2 and a half weeks later. (it takes a long time to mail goods through Canada Customs) The weather is finally warming up here in Ontario so I finally got around to installing the windshield on Tuesday this week. The bag that the second shield came in was unmarked and indeed the second shield was blemish free. BUT. BUT! BUT!!!!!! I could not mount the second shield because the mounting holes are drilled in entirely wrong places. It simply does not fit the brackets. The bottom holes are 15 inches apart and are not aligned with the top holes. The bottom holes are only about 1.5" from the bottom of the shield. It I could have mounted it, the shield would be over my eyes at its lowest level. When I place the second shield on top of the scratched shield I can clearly see that the holes for mounting the shield are not correct, waaaay off. OH !#$%&*@. So I am not too happy. Mark, if you read these posts and you are concerned about quality management you are welcome to send me another 14.5" bronze smoke shield. I live in Napanee , Ontario. You can look back through you can look up my address if you like. So, I have now taken a breath and I will calm down a little. I have the first shield with the light scratch mounted, and it works great. If I could compare it to driving a four door car. It is like I was driving with only one back window down, causing terrible drumming of air inside the car. Then rolling down one of the front windows and now the air flows cleanly through the front window and out the rear window. Much more quiet air flow.
now that you have calmed down, just call Mark and straighten it out...shit happens...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I owned a 2009 Ultra Clasic...and before that, a 2004 Ultra......I now own a 2013 RG Ultra. I replaced the RG shield with a MADSTAD. I skipped the 're-curves' and ll the other windshields that are better than 'sliced French bread'.
My results may not be the same as YOURS...and I am not sure everytime I adjust my shield from 2-up to solo....I get the math right (so and so degrees here, so and so degrees there).....but I feel comfortable with the MADSTAD. If you are leary....by all means.....buy the others first. OH! Yes we know, the windshield is UGLY. If you can get over riding an UGLY bike (just look at it)....a windshield is a piece of cake.

Chuck (MADSTAD 13.5)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts