Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious to find out if there are two different types of robo brackets...new style/old style?

·
Registered
483 Posts
yes, the new style do not take tools to adjust they have knobs at the top for the angle and height adjustment .

Eagle

·
Registered
600 Posts
With the new brackets with knobs, can you adjust the gap between the base and shield? Or is it set at the bottom and only angle and height can be adjusted?
I have the older version and am wondering if it's worth upgrading. I don't mess with mine much now that it's dialed in. Might even find a sweeter spot if adjusting is made easier. Be nice to raise and lower for passenger comfort.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
With the new brackets with knobs, can you adjust the gap between the base and shield? Or is it set at the bottom and only angle and height can be adjusted?
I have the older version and am wondering if it's worth upgrading. I don't mess with mine much now that it's dialed in. Might even find a sweeter spot if adjusting is made easier. Be nice to raise and lower for passenger comfort.
The bottom can be adjusted with tools . The top gap and height can be adjusted on the fly using the knobs.
I had the original Robot brackets and upgraded last month. I was glad I did. In my opinion, the new brackets look so much better.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks like Gary answered you , I never had the old brackets so I can not comment on the difference between the two.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks Big gary for the info. Add another thing to the list. And the list never seems to get shorter!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bottom can be adjusted with tools . The top gap and height can be adjusted on the fly using the knobs.
I had the original Robot brackets and upgraded last month. I was glad I did. In my opinion, the new brackets look so much better.
Thanks for the info...seems I have the updated brackets. Which bolt holes on the bottom of the new brackets are best to use?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
There are two newer style robo bracket Models. Mark sent me a second newer style robo bracket after I bought the shield April 13. This updated bracket gives the shield more depth. Closes to 70 degrees. Most likely all the shields sold in the past year have the version 2 Robo bracket.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Thanks for the info...seems I have the updated brackets. Which bolt holes on the bottom of the new brackets are best to use?
I use them the way they came.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are two newer style robo bracket Models. Mark sent me a second newer style robo bracket after I bought the shield April 13. This updated bracket gives the shield more depth. Closes to 70 degrees. Most likely all the shields sold in the past year have the version 2 Robo bracket.
Interesting..... Any pics of both sets of updated brackets? Since I purchased mine used....not sure which I have. I know at least they have the quick adjust knob...lol

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Interesting..... Any pics of both sets of updated brackets? Since I purchased mine used....not sure which I have. I know at least they have the quick adjust knob...lol
See if the shield will close to 70 degrees. I will measure the depth of my version 2 Robo bracket and post

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Rusty,

I suggest you try them all and see if you can feel the difference. I have found that for me the middle holes have a smoother air flow than the closest. The holes furthest out didn't seem to make anymore difference but it looked like the gap was too big visually.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Rusty,

I suggest you try them all and see if you can feel the difference. I have found that for me the middle holes have a smoother air flow than the closest. The holes furthest out didn't seem to make anymore difference but it looked like the gap was too big visually.
I just checked my bottom setting. It's on the inter most hole. I'll have to try the middle hole. Hard to think it can get any better.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
You will have to both the top and bottom screws to the middle holes. Just FYI...
Ok, thanks. I didn't even see the top hole until you mentioned it. I was in a hurry when I installed the new brackets and just threw them on the way they came ,out of the box.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, thanks. I didn't even see the top hole until you mentioned it. I was in a hurry when I installed the new brackets and just threw them on the way they came ,out of the box.
Don't have the windshield or brackets in front of me...any chance of taking a few pics of the holes on the brackets? IIRC they are located at the bottom

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Don't have the windshield or brackets in front of me...any chance of taking a few pics of the holes on the brackets? IIRC they are located at the bottom
The first pic, left side . The nut is the bottom hole, the torx button head is the top hole. Above both of those is the adjusting knob.
If you look real close you can see the other two holes straight out from the torx button head. You can't see the other two holes on the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The first pic, left side . The nut is the bottom hole, the torx button head is the top hole. Above both of those is the adjusting knob.
If you look real close you can see the other two holes straight out from the torx button head. You can't see the other two holes on the bottom.
Ok...in garage now looking at mine...seems I have the same brackets and set up in the same holes. Now is this the optimum setting or is there something better?
Let's see if I can post mine...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts