Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a Madstad for a 2017 Road Glide Special? I had one on my 2013 and loved it but want to know if there are any issues with the new fairing design. Thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Have it on my '15 no issues. '17 has the same fairing. IMO the MadStad got 15 up looks even better than the original, flows with the shape of the newer fairing better.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have one on my 16 RGU and it works the best of the others that I tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just wondering why you'd need one with the vents? Seems counter-intuitive. Don't get me wrong, I have one on my '13 RG ultra but it doesn't have the vents so....

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Just wondering why you'd need one with the vents? Seems counter-intuitive. Don't get me wrong, I have one on my '13 RG ultra but it doesn't have the vents so....[/QUOTE

For me it's all about "air flow"; the Madstad on my '15 RGS gets the wind off of my chest, which for me is exhausting especially at highway speeds, and protects my head from buffeting, yet still provides enough air for cooling comfort. I don't like where the vents direct the air. And it's adjustable for different riding conditions. Just my $0.02 worth.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just wondering why you'd need one with the vents? Seems counter-intuitive. Don't get me wrong, I have one on my '13 RG ultra but it doesn't have the vents so....
For me, it was the windy days, cold days and rainy days that made the decision for me. If i close the vents with the other shields that I tried, my head was like a bobble head at highway speeds. The Madstad can be ran with the vents open or closed with the same effect.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't always run the vents open. I like the ability to adjust the shield per weather conditions. I also went with the quick detach brackets so I can just run the base plate during the summer. I did not want to have multiple shields.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does anyone here have a Madstad for a 2017 Road Glide Special? I had one on my 2013 and loved it but want to know if there are any issues with the new fairing design. Thanks
I bought one for my 17' RGS - I have not put it on the bike as of yet because it is still at the dealership getting pampered. I should get the bike by next week - they have had the bike since 20 March!! LOL!

·
Registered
203 Posts
bike

I bought one for my 17' RGS - I have not put it on the bike as of yet because it is still at the dealership getting pampered. I should get the bike by next week - they have had the bike since 20 March!! LOL!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
20March?!? That's not getting pampered, that's getting pimped!

Reactions: Wmoor004

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm 6'4" and am testing out a 17" Freedom Shield. I went out over the weekend and am still getting alot of air in my face. Then when it started raining I was getting stung in the face and it just was not much fun.

I'm wondering if I get a Madstad on my 2017 will it get rid of all that air hitting me in the face?
When it rains will it eliminate getting hit in the face with the rain on the highway?
Does it make any difference with the vents opened or closed?

Also with the 17" Freedom shield I can hear the radio better, but it is still not as good as it was on my Streetglide. Will the Madstad make me hear my music clearly? I put the best speakers and amp in and am still disappointed.

When I had my 2013 Streetglide with a LRS I had almost no air hitting me in the face which made the ride so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got a Madstad on my 16 and I can hear my radio crystal clear and have no wind on me. I've been lucky and haven't been caught in the rain yet but as long as your moving it should keep the rain out of your face as well. It doesn't matter with the Madstad if your vents are open or closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
11" MadStad I'm 5'8". Keeps the majority of the rain off me, I know I could adjust it so it would keep all off. I usually have it adjusted with a good amount of airflow on me, near the bottom of height adjustment. I have only got rained on during 10 mile commute so I did not readjust. I would say it was less than a 1/4 of what would hit my face in comparison to stock '97 EGU

·
Registered
203 Posts
20March?!? That's not getting pampered, that's getting pimped!
I was notified on Friday - they will BEGIN my build Tuesday!! Not happy at all but I will not blast them. They will be finished by next Sunday. SMH!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts