Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interest is growing for this shield, but want to ensure I get the right size. I can't really tell how you can articulate the robo brackets so can any of you with the 11" and 13" set them in the lowest possible position and take a level measurement off the top of the radio housing to top of shield and post. I would truly appreciate it and thank you in advance...T

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well I have a 14.5" shield on a 2006. I do not know the verticle height measurements at this time but I can tell you that at its lowest height it is lower than my 13" Windvest. At its highest setting I am looking through it. Good protection at the lowest with very minimal buffeting, just smooth wind. Exceptional protection at the highest. There is also a thread called vertical height data base that may be helpful to you.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Greetings,

I measured my 13" a while back.
See my post, #11.
There may be some other information in there you could find informative.

Best of luck,
Jim

·
Registered
520 Posts
Greetings,

I measured my 13" a while back.
See my post, #11.
There may be some other information in there you could find informative.

Best of luck,
Jim
no input on the madstad height but stick, how bout a link :D, or the threads title..
there is a post #11 in many threads..:eek:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Are you asking for the lowest set point heigh measurement from top of the radio?
If so here is the 13" at the lowest position measure from top of the faring above the radio.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1407769395.543921.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heigth

Are you asking for the lowest set point heigh measurement from top of the radio?
If so here is the 13" at the lowest position measure from top of the faring above the radio.

View attachment 139074

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
ERod62, thanks for the post, is it safe to say the 13" in it's lowest possible position rises around 6" above the top of the radio housing?

·
Registered
656 Posts
no input on the madstad height but stick, how bout a link :D, or the threads title..
there is a post #11 in many threads..:eek:
D'oh - Sorry. :eek:

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=70209&highlight=measure

(from the above link)

I just measured the MadStad as requested.
The following is what I came up with. YMMV.
I used a level across the top of the shield at about the center and used a tape measure from the top of the radio console to the bottom of the level.

Shield full down -
Tilt: forward = 7 inches.
Tilt: aft = 6.5 inches.

Shield full up -
Tilt: forward = 10 inches.
Tilt: aft = 8.5 inches.

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
D'oh - Sorry. :eek:

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=70209&highlight=measure

(from the above link)

I just measured the MadStad as requested.
The following is what I came up with. YMMV.
I used a level across the top of the shield at about the center and used a tape measure from the top of the radio console to the bottom of the level.

Shield full down -
Tilt: forward = 7 inches.
Tilt: aft = 6.5 inches.

Shield full up -
Tilt: forward = 10 inches.
Tilt: aft = 8.5 inches.

Hope this helps,
Jim
Thank you for the post Jim...

The Magic of the Madstad is the lower the height it still works. I have an 11 and am thinking of getting to cut me one even shorter.
mitchdm, thanks for the info, any chance you could check those measurements with your 11" Madstad? Thanks...T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts