Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will get this out of the way first.... I am thrilled with my Madstad 14.5 inch medium gray windshield on my '11 RGU.

What are most people doing with the bottom position (pivot point)? This is where there is the screw that can be moved to one of three positions. So far I have just left mine in the hole closest to the fairing. That seems to work very well for me but it leaves the bottom gap at about relatively small. I wonder if one of the other positions might work better and would appreciate anyones experience with this.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have the same Madstad shield you have and my hole setting is the same, too. I have not tried the screws in the outer two holes. I quickly found my "sweet spot" and never even thought about the other locations though they clearly would create greater distance from the fairing.

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
I left mine on the inside hole too, the way it arrived. Haven't looked back. I love the new Robo brackets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I played with mine some more around town tonight. I didn't move it from the inside hole but I ended up with it about 1/2 way up and tilted back about 1/2 way. That will be me new around town spot. Nice smooth air flow at speeds up to 60ish without a hint of turbulence. My glasses just stayed put and
I could hear the stereo great.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have moved my bottom bracket to the middle hole setting. I "think" it provides better laminar air flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts