Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have a Madstad do you get any distortion from the windshield? I currently have a Cee Baileys "Cee Glide" on my bike now and it has been the best of the 3 or 4 I have tried but the distortion caused by the bends are starting to drive me nuts. It is not bad during the day but at night it gets really bad sometimes. If I am going to spend the money on another windshield I am thinking the Madstad might be the way to go.

Thasks, Craig

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have the Madstad 11" in Dark Grey.
Most of the time I look over the shield.
I have looked through it during the day and even at night and I can honestly say I have yet to see any distortion.
In my opinion the only windshield is Madstad, hands down.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have the 16" Matstad in Light Grey and I too have no distortion at all. I do look over the windshield but have not noticed distortion if dodging potholes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went from a Cee Baileys light tint for similar reasons, plus actually liking the looks of the Madstad, to a 14.5" dark smoke with the holes drilled 1" higher to essentially make it a 13.5". I usually have it set about chin level when riding solo but put it to nose level when the wife rides so look through it frequently on crests of hills with absolutely no distortion at all.

I rode with the Cee Baileys for 8 years (big mistake IMO) before buying a Madstad...wish I would have bought the Madstad years ago. Madstad offers a 60 day trial so what have you got to loose.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I look over or look through depending on how high I have it set for the day. No distortion.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went from a Cee Baileys light tint for similar reasons, plus actually liking the looks of the Madstad, to a 14.5" dark smoke with the holes drilled 1" higher to essentially make it a 13.5". I usually have it set about chin level when riding solo but put it to nose level when the wife rides so look through it frequently on crests of hills with absolutely no distortion at all.

I rode with the Cee Baileys for 8 years (big mistake IMO) before buying a Madstad...wish I would have bought the Madstad years ago. Madstad offers a 60 day trial so what have you got to loose.
Do you happen to have any pictures of your setup? I like the looks when they sit lower on the fairing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you happen to have any pictures of your setup? I like the looks when they sit lower on the fairing.
There are a few pictures in my album. If you can't view them there let me know. This pic was with it raised about 1.5" since it was cold outside. The 3 pics in the garage were with it all the way down at about 58 degrees.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Have a 13" in bronze. Mostly look over it and haven't noticed any distortion when I do look through it. Love my Madstad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are a few pictures in my album. If you can't view them there let me know. This pic was with it raised about 1.5" since it was cold outside. The 3 pics in the garage were with it all the way down at about 58 degrees.
Thanks for pointing me to you profile pics. I really like how it looks lowered like that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many of you talk about how low you keep the windshield. I am assuming you do that to get a little more direct air. I hope this makes sense. When in this lowered position are you still getting the benefit of a calmer air pocket but now simply have more direct air flow without the buffeting?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I keep mine low around town, up about 2 in on the highway unless it's windy then I go up till it's just below my nose, low around town gives me good clean air, high gives the wife good protection on the highway

Jay

·
Registered
654 Posts
I keep mine at lowest level for around town or short trips on hot days. On long trips all the way up till I am looking through and on cool days I add soft lowers. The MS shield really dramatically cuts the buffeting. I compare it to driving your car with one rear window down, you can feel and hear buffeting in the car. Open one front window and smooth air flows through the car. That is how a MS shield works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Madstad 11" in Dark Grey.

Most of the time I look over the shield.

I have looked through it during the day and even at night and I can honestly say I have yet to see any distortion.

In my opinion the only windshield is Madstad, hands down.

Mike U.

How tall are you. I'm lookin into Gettin an 11"mad if it will work for me but wanting to find a deal versus paying 300 bucks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input and help.

I took about a 150 mile ride in the wind last night where I was getting battered around the entire time. The only time I had any clam was when the wind was directly at my back. I finally said that enough is enough is and after calling and talking with them I pulled the trigger on a 14.5" medium tint Madstad this morning. It should ship out late this week so I should have it early next week.

If it ends up being half as good as people say I'm sure I will be thrilled with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that the MOCO knew Madstad was on to something, and it is the reason the 14 bat wings come with the vent. I have yet to try a Madstad, but do not mind the looks at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts