Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many members went from Clearview windshields to the Madstad? Is there enough improvement to justify a $300+ investment for the Madstad? My 13" Clearview sets up a pretty good pocket of calm air but the wind noise is still fairly loud. Any pros or cons between the two?

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
My 13" Madstad beats out my 15" Wind Vest. Never owned a Clearview.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I was wondering how many members went from Clearview windshields to the Madstad? Is there enough improvement to justify a $300+ investment for the Madstad? My 13" Clearview sets up a pretty good pocket of calm air but the wind noise is still fairly loud. Any pros or cons between the two?

If you're getting loud wind noise your shield is not doing it's job. Yes, the MadStad will be better.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I went from a CV XL to a MadStad and have never looked back. Buy the MadStad now and cut your losses or join the windscreen collectors club.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just got mine dialed in today and WOW! Just, WOW
Nuff said, and I'm sure anyone else here that has one will second that

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
13 Posts
After reading about Madstad for over a year, I bought a 13" extra dark, put in on yes ready and rode 300 miles today. Tweaked it a couple of times and to my surprise the darn thing works pretty much as advertised and I really like the look. Got a lot of comments and none of them bad. It seems I have the only one in South Texas. We stopped at 2 harley shops and a lot of people looked at it, thought it was a good idea and had never even heard of Madstad much less seen one. Oh, Patty at Madstad was a delight to talk to and was a lot of help.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Not a lot of time behind mine and have not even tinkered with it much and it works great. I will mess with the adjustment some when it warms up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Collector Club?

If you want to join the collector club Shrug referred to I have a Clearview in the loft I will sell you. Not planning on taking the Madstad off anytime soon. :)

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I'm afraid to try the Madstad, I might like it, lol. :eek: Just to add a comment, they look a lot better in person than they do in pictures. ..... maybe one day. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree

I'm afraid to try the Madstad, I might like it, lol. :eek: Just to add a comment, they look a lot better in person than they do in pictures. ..... maybe one day. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710
Yes they look good and work! I have an 11in Madstad being vertically challenged. People keep buying windshield after windshield searching for no buffeting or wind noise. At 150.00 a piece and amassing a collection of plastic this is the one most people settle on.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just installed my 14.5 Madstad today, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, it's in the 20's here...Burrr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts