Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased Madstad windshield for 2017 Road Glide Ultra, have been messing with adjustments for over a week now and am frustrated to say the least. Any suggestions would be great as I am leaving for Sturgis in the morning and am considering putting stock windshield back on. I am 5'8" and have the 12" windshield. I have tried many setting and am using the "angle app" on my Iphone but to no avail!! Thank you.....

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Purchased Madstad windshield for 2017 Road Glide Ultra, have been messing with adjustments for over a week now and am frustrated to say the least. Any suggestions would be great as I am leaving for Sturgis in the morning and am considering putting stock windshield back on. I am 5'8" and have the 12" windshield. I have tried many setting and am using the "angle app" on my Iphone but to no avail!! Thank you.....
On the older bikes, (pre-Rushmore )seems to be the best at about the same degree angle as the base , ,even maybe a degree or two more. The height should be about to your nose.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
On the older bikes, (pre-Rushmore )seems to be the best at about the same degree angle as the base , ,even maybe a degree or two more. The height should be about to your nose.
Mine is on a '15 and is set up as stated above; right at the nose although I have the top of mine angled back toward me approximately 5 degrees. Works perfect for me; wishing you the best in getting it figured out.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Ditto from above. I set mine at about the same angle as the base it is mounted to. For me that is very close to sweet spot. Think I'm closer to 53 degrees but not sure. Know it's not as vertical as many I've seen posted here. Or my app measures wrong. Angle like base w top nose high and you'll be very close.

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
927 Posts
Having the vents open or closed makes a difference. I found when setting the height and angle works best with vents closed. I also used my left hand about 8" from my chest and raised it over my head so I could feel where the wind stream is, then made adjustments.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Noticed this was your first post. Welcome. Any luck???

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I normally keep the bottom vents closed and top open. i fish around with it depending on the weather and temp...normally right around parallel with the mount also...humidity and air pressure seem to make a difference also...with the fixed shield and with madstad at the same positon, the airflow changes with the conditions...but thats what I love about the Madstad that a one shield solution cant provide...the ability to adapt to it all, quickly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts