Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. just thought id drop a line about my madstad 11inch. I just finished up a 7000km 8 day road trip. the madstad windshield is by far the best money spent on my 12 roadglide. performs exactly as advertised, looks fine, and just plain works. had lots of good responses to it along the way and lots of negative. tell the negative ones if you don't like the looks then don't look. enough said. great product and would buy another in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I change my settings all the time. Riding solo or at night I have my 14.5" at its lowest angle even with the fairing. Riding two up I have it all the way up and top of the shield angled forward away from the fairing, all the way. I am looking through which I do not mind and no buffeting. Nice even wind and comfy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can't wait to get one.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I own a Madstad. Because I wanted my bike to look sexy today, I put the stock toenail on and did 150 miles. The Madstad is going right back on! My ears are ringing and I even wore earplugs. Madstad isn't sexy, but man is it effective!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
42 Posts
The one comment I haven't seen about the Madstad is the excellent fuel economy it offer you.

Rode from north FL to central GA and back. I have the whole Fuel Moto engine set up. I got 44 mpg on two separate tanks. That is some 75+ mph and some back roads. Very impressive.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Oddly enough on a recent 8 day trip I had 3 riders stop and ask me about it because they liked the way it looked. Several ask about function and wind turbulence. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I did a 200 mile run up on my RGU to Laconia bike week last weekend two-up with my Madstad at nose height. Did 46.8 miles to the gallon. Consider it was windy, I am happy with the numbers.

·
Super Moderator
12,349 Posts
I did a 200 mile run up on my RGU to Laconia bike week last weekend two-up with my Madstad at nose height. Did 46.8 miles to the gallon. Consider it was windy, I am happy with the numbers.
Just curious, what speed do you ride to get almost 47mpg, the only time I got close to that was in a group and I don't believe we ever went over 60, by myself on the hwy about the only time I see 60 is during acceleration and deceleration.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just traded my 09 in on a BBP 13. When I got home I put on my 10 inch Windvest. Looked good on there. Went about 150 miles and came home and installed my 12 inch Windvest. Went 200 plus.........came home and installed Madstad. I have around 30,000 miles on the Madstad. Its perfect!
I have some Windvest shields for sale.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Just curious, what speed do you ride to get almost 47mpg, the only time I got close to that was in a group and I don't believe we ever went over 60, by myself on the hwy about the only time I see 60 is during acceleration and deceleration.

@dbell66253: 2011 RGU: Cruise control on for 100 mi; stage one V&H high output mufflers & power duals headers, SE tuner & free flow air intake.
I was doing 65 MPH for 100 miles and averaged 50 MPH for 100 miles. Half of the trip was anywhere from stop and go for 20 mins into and around Laconia and 15 - 60 MPH along Route 11 lakes region.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 16" Cee Baileys for the long run. I have a 12" shorty for around town. But I have heard too many good things on this forum about the Madstad. I just ordered the 13" Madstad. Hope its the right one for 3 flags in August.
'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts