Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the reviews for the last 18 months, I finally took the leap and ordered a Madstad. Called Patty to place my order for a 13 in. dark gray with wellnut replacements. Great customer service and very pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think you'll like it. I have both the 13" for long rides and a 9" for about town. Went thru quite a few shields before the Madstad.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ordered one for my bike before I even picked it up so it's been on since day 2. 13" for most of the time and an 11" for dead of summer

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I got the 13" and just adjust it down around town in the summer.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just purchased a 2nd screen from Madstad. Had the 13 and bought a road zeppelin seat. Bought a 14.5 for when I have the seat raised up for long trips. Best money spent on my RG.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are going to love it. Went through two windshields before I finally got mine. Haven't looked back since. Welcome to the board, btw...
+1, as far as I can see, Madstad is the windshield for the 2015, bias?, yep had one on my 2011 RGU, traded in, sold the Madstad of course, got a 13 on my 2015, and yet to have to fine tune it, it's doing what it say it does.

·
Registered
498 Posts
+1, as far as I can see, Madstad is the windshield for the 2015, bias?, yep had one on my 2011 RGU, traded in, sold the Madstad of course, got a 13 on my 2015, and yet to have to fine tune it, it's doing what it say it does.
agree. I was not a believer until I had the chance to work with/meet Mark and his team, and to have his shield on my bike. I would love to see air tunneling testing done on all these shields available.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
agree. I was not a believer until I had the chance to work with/meet Mark and his team, and to have his shield on my bike. I would love to see air tunneling testing done on all these shields available.
Not sure how many shields you got , but you can tie 3 badana's on the handle bars like I did. With the Madstad the bandana's just flop around. With the other shields I ran they were flying straight up and back.
Ain't no air tunnel, but it tells you what you need to know.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Running the HD Windsplitter for now. Pretty much worthless at speeds over 50 mph. I was ready to put the stock shield back on at this point, it didn't look great but gave better protection when riding home from work @ 3:00 a.m. with the temps around 40 degrees.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Running the HD Windsplitter for now. Pretty much worthless at speeds over 50 mph. I was ready to put the stock shield back on at this point, it didn't look great but gave better protection when riding home from work @ 3:00 a.m. with the temps around 40 degrees.
Hey don't be so hard on yourself, we all have a vast collection of shields. Remember, only you can stop the madness, before your collection grows any further. Go get your self a Mastad and the madness will stop. You can come back later and give a testimony.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts