Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I amongst many of you, I have been chasing the windshield unicorn for a while. I have had, LRS, Madstad and now Freedom Shield and have settled on the Freedom. The Madstad is a great shield and with the adjustments you can make, it is bar none the best for wind management. However, my wife no longer cares to ride and to be honest, that was the main reason I bought the Madstad. I bought it in May 17 with the dark tint 12" shield and considering posting up for sale but before I do or if I do, curious to know if anyone is interested? My reservation of selling, would be to put it back on when I do the week long trip/s.

Do any one in this group have a similar experience or thoughts on this!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Unless you are making your bike into some kind of show bike that you want to enter into contest, I would put the Madstad back on the bike and never take it back off. Like you said, it is the best performing shield out there and if you put the miles on the bike it will make them that much more enjoyable. If you are more concerned with what the better looking shield is then you have to decide if you will be happy with a less performing shield long term.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Unless you are making your bike into some kind of show bike that you want to enter into contest, I would put the Madstad back on the bike and never take it back off. Like you said, it is the best performing shield out there and if you put the miles on the bike it will make them that much more enjoyable. If you are more concerned with what the better looking shield is then you have to decide if you will be happy with a less performing shield long term.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unless something far superior,(if that's even possible) came along; mine would have never came off.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I defiantly don't have a parking lot Queen or the desire to have one. What has put me in this dilemma, is the view from the seat looking out. It fits me right so I am not looking through it but for some reason has become a distraction. I have no issues with the look of it when not behind the shield. If looks bothered my, I wouldn't have bought the shield.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Why not keep it and use it when on longer riders. I do not have a madstat, but I have the stock shield for around my local area and put on a taller shield when on a longer rides/trip.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
The good thing about the Madstad is you only buy it once & no chasing of trying to find the perfect shield. In the long run you end up saving $$$ as the years go by. Now if you change bikes like underwear than probably not your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The good thing about the Madstad is you only buy it once & no chasing of trying to find the perfect shield. In the long run you end up saving $$$ as the years go by. Now if you change bikes like underwear than probably not your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took a 600 mile ride with the Madstad and fought cross wind of 15-25MPH gusts on my trip up to Dallas and just as I have known, the shield did its job flawlessly. On the way home, I fought a head wind and again, the shield worked. I have taken many longer rides but I cant remember fighting the wind as bad as this short trip. Functionality over looks makes the ride much more enjoyable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts