Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Man, I don’t know. I think I’d go with a taller main shield before going the Madstad route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't knock it til you try it.
A lot of people think the same of a Roadglide til they ride one, then they're hooked.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Man, I don’t know. I think I’d go with a taller main shield before going the Madstad route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 13" Madstad works better than a 18" Windvest.
Unless compared to the Thumbnail shield ,I think the Madstad looks better than a tall wind shield. JMO

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Based on the constant feedback on how well they work, I bought one on Black Friday. I'm not 100% sold on the looks, but based on the great reviews I know I want the benefits of the shield's wind buffeting for all the miles I put on. I bet the looks will grow on me.
Congrats Z, You're going to love it and the looks will definitley grow on you.
Mike U.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I hear a lot of complaints with madstat-i on the other hand look at a 6 or 8 " shield as a joke-why even have a fairing-at this point the madstat makes me stand out from the norm

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I get a kick out of people who knock the MadStad while buying screen after screen because they're afraid of others' opinions. Many of these are the same people do knocked the "fugly" Road Glide before riding one. I like the look and always have. It's a distinctive part of the motorcycle and it sets a Road Glide apart from all the other RGs out there these days. Installing a Klock, Windvest, or any other look alike screen is like getting the same tattoo as everyone else and pretending it makes a difference.

The fact is, the MadStad outperforms every other screen out there. Those who ride it know because many of them probably tried many other screens. Admittedly, other screens are better than stock, but better is not GOOD. A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with a theory. Those of us with MadStad experience know that behind the curvy Klocks are riders who are fighting turbulence, buffeting, and helmet thunder and their passengers suffer even more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like I hit a nerve with my comment. My apologies. Folks are getting a little defensive (or at least are coming across that way through the inter webs). I didn’t mean to upset anyone. Ride what makes you happy. Except for a Vespa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Sounds like I hit a nerve with my comment. My apologies. Folks are getting a little defensive (or at least are coming across that way through the inter webs). I didn’t mean to upset anyone. Ride what makes you happy. Except for a Vespa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No nerve hit here bro, just stating real life facts. As always ride what makes you happy , that's what really matters.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Couldn’t Agree More, Had people telling me Road Glide when I bought the Street Glide. Should Have Listened I’ll Never Ride Anything Else

·
Registered
699 Posts
Based on the constant feedback on how well they work, I bought one on Black Friday. I'm not 100% sold on the looks, but based on the great reviews I know I want the benefits of the shield's wind buffeting for all the miles I put on. I bet the looks will grow on me.
Function over looks. Like all others, tried and true, nothing works better.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts