Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting a madstad for my 12 RG. im 5'6". was looking at the 11inch. ive read lots here about most wanting the 13inch. whats thoughts for my size? also how does rain affect the ride with the wind and rain going behind? I ride rain lots. thanx guys.

·
Registered
454 Posts
11in

I'm 5'8" and I started with the 13in and at the lowest setting could barely see over it. So I went to the 11in and couldn't be happier. You might want to talk to Madstad and see if they offer a smaller shield or will cut an 11in down. That way you can have more flexiblility in height.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I had a 13 and dropped to the 11. I am 5'10". The Madstad works so well I have considered going shorter. I ride 40+k per year and this windshield works as advertised.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would think you would be fine with the 11”. You may even be able to get away a shorter shield (MadStad can cut a custom height for you).
My only question is do you ride solo, or do you have a passenger to consider? Depending on the passenger’s height and the fact the passenger sits higher than the driver, you may want to consider a taller shield. IF you do have a passenger, you can always get an 11” for riding solo and a taller outer shield to swap out (use the same base) when you ride two up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
looking at getting a madstad for my 12 RG. im 5'6". was looking at the 11inch. ive read lots here about most wanting the 13inch. whats thoughts for my size? also how does rain affect the ride with the wind and rain going behind? I ride rain lots. thanx guys.
No adverse issue with rain. I ride in the rain a lot, my madstad windshield performs well. Riding in the rain with a madstad is like riding in the rain with any windshield. ( I am referring only to the presence of rain, madstad eliminates the turbulence and the effect of the rain is no different than another windshield)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a 13 and dropped to the 11. I am 5'10". The Madstad works so well I have considered going shorter. I ride 40+k per year and this windshield works as advertised.
Curious why you dropped to the 11" ? Was the 13" too high in it's lowest position? I'm same height as you with a 32" inseam and I ride with the 13" but have been considering the 11" also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 5'8" bought a used 2009 road glide with a Harley windsplitter. I was about to decide to sell the RG and just keep my electra glide. The wind and buffeting was unbearable. Could not hear the radio above 55 mph.

Bought a 11" madstad and one love my road glide. Also changed the bars out with kromewerks 2+2's. Radio is clear as a bell at 70-80 mph and less wind than my electra glide.

I was skeptical and wary to spend 300 bucks on a windshield but glad I did.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm 5'6" also I just bought a 11" madstad it definately works better that the OEM 15" . However I don't think I can get past the looks.
So I will probably sell it.
I had it on for about 200 mi now I am back to the stock shield

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finnaly got out for a ride yesterday with my new 11inch madstad. love it. looks fine, works well. I forgot to put my Oakley riding glasses on when I left the watering hole. I wear glasses and have always wore my wrap around riding glasses. the ride home with my everyday glasses was great. no wind pounding my face or watering eyes. windshield works and looks good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Good to hear about the glasses. I was wondering how it would affect them. I'm ordering a 11" from a fella on here Friday. Can't wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts