Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to order an extra dark shield, but torn between the 11" and 13". The 11" looks great and at it's highest would be around 14" for the cold months. I know it's only 2" difference (Gentlemen, joke away :D), but for the wife would it really be that noticeable? Right now I have 14" wind vest, and with her FF the wife says she gets some slight buffeting, but says it's tolerable. I know a 13" would be better/best, but the 11" just looks more sporty to me. She only rides with me between April and Sept.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Both the wife and me are 5-10 and the 11in works great. I do get a little lift at speeds above 90mph but don't spend much time there. She gets clean air in back using a Mustang wide tripper seat but using a memory foam touring seat 1/2in taller than stock she gets slight buffeting. I agree 11in looks better but to do it again I would still go 11in.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Try the 13 with the holes drilled 1" higher. That way you can have it lower at the lowest position and when you raise it up it gives the wife better protection. Just a thought....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts