Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... How many have a Madstad on their post Rushmore Shark? Do they work as well on the new fairing as they did on the older ones? How about the looks? Some pics would sure be nice!:smile:

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just picked one up for my 17 RGU; I’ll test it after the weather breaks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Harley really improved wind management with the Rushmore fairing. I suspect that a Madstad isn't really necessary. Personally, I'm running a Freedom. It works fantastically.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harley really improved wind management with the Rushmore fairing. I suspect that a Madstad isn't really necessary. Personally, I'm running a Freedom. It works fantastically.
I'm running Freedom's 12" Touring shield now... but I remember how well the Madstad worked on my '13 and can't help but wonder if there's room for improvement...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I put a 13.5 in light tint on my ‘15. It does great - I think at least as good as the one I had on my ‘13. Wife happy in back too & we’ve done some decent distance rides w it.

I’m one of those that actually like the look. I’ll try to attach a couple of pics.
IMG_5179.JPG IMG_4663.JPG IMG_4664.JPG

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a 13.5 in light tint on my ‘15. It does great - I think at least as good as the one I had on my ‘13. Wife happy in back too & we’ve done some decent distance rides w it.

I’m one of those that actually like the look. I’ll try to attach a couple of pics.

Is that the light grey or medium gray tint? Looks good Ron.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Is that the light grey or medium gray tint? Looks good Ron.
It’s the light tint. I had medium tint on my last bike. I think the darker tint looks better on the bike, but I think I like riding the light better. Just a little better visibility right in front of the bike and at night.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s the light tint. I had medium tint on my last bike. I think the darker tint looks better on the bike, but I think I like riding the light better. Just a little better visibility right in front of the bike and at night.
I agree 100%.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Extra dark 9” MadStad
That looks good too! 9" might be a little low for me... How tall are You, Larry?
5’8” solo rider only. With the extra dark tint if it was taller i would have visibility issues especially at night. I have the quick detach brackets & remove the outer shield for the summer except for longer rides. The pics the outer shield is adjusted almost as low as it goes. Only gets raised when it rains & will divert the rain over me. At the lower setting I still have a fair amount of airflow directed at me but no buffeting which is what I prefer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I modified mine, put a LRS on the madstad brackets. I got the set up dialed in, I'm 6'6", long legged... it does great. I can hear the radio at hiway speed..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice guys, Thanks. I can't believe there are not more Madstad's and newer fairings around here though...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
OK now THAT's interesting!

Can you post up a thread for that process?

I modified mine, put a LRS on the madstad brackets. I got the set up dialed in, I'm 6'6", long legged... it does great. I can hear the radio at hiway speed..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice guys, Thanks. I can't believe there are not more Madstad's and newer fairings around here though...
i have a 2018 FLTRXS in pearl white. Sold my 2008 anniversary FLTR copper pearl & black. still have my MadStad from my ‘08 for sale; perfect condition. i was so happy with the performance of the MadStad on my ‘08 that was considering one for my ‘18. I am 6’ with 31” inseam. So, thanks you all for contributing to this thread.

looking for picts of shields including Madstad’s with rider height and inseam. With HD’s aerodamics on the new fairing, i would expect not much benefit from the MadStad design to be had; what is the experience.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I guess you have to buy one for my bike and I can report back :)

Reactions: rider17

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think mine's a 13.5". Ive got a mustang seat that sets me back and up a little..doesnt matter with the magic shield...love it...5'10, 32 inseam..which really doesn't matter...everyone's different, unless we all ride the same seat..with what I have, I can put it up far enough for great protection...over my head...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts