Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 road glide with a CVO rear fender kit I installed a Custom dynamics magic strobe flasher and can not get it to work I called CD and talked to their tech he told me I needed to have the bike flashed by the dealer I did that today and it still dose not work its not the unit second one any help would be great

·
Registered
505 Posts
What is the exact symptom you are having? i had an issue when i installed mine and i had their dynamic ringz up front but i still had my stock bulbs in the rear and when i tried to get the magic strobe to work
i kept getting faults and it would not work. I finally put their rear LED brake lights in and all was good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i plug in the magic strobe it dose nothing the bike has been flashed so the turn and break are split

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a 15 with the Canbus and I didnt have to have anything flashed and mine work flawlessly.

I have the Dynamic Ringz, in the front and the LEDs and Plasma Rods in the back.

Everything plays nice with each other but IIRC I had to get the breakout thingamajigger due to the plasma rods.

If I get a chance I will grab my paperwork and look it over in a little while and see if anything jogs my memory.

I know you have to let the bike "learn" that the LEDs are there but thats a 30second thing that you can do without taking it to the dealer.

Mike

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Plugged in right? Not sure about having the system flashed. Plugged right in and no problems on my 15. Some settings are only going to work with led bulbs in the rear. I can't remember if there is a switch on the magic strobe for if you have a center tail light or not. Try flipping that.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I think you need a turn signal decoder...

·
Registered
612 Posts
On my magic strobe module there are 2 switches. One is to turn on the flashing for tri-bar and the other is for the tail lights. If these switches are not on nothing will flash. Second on my 14 and 16 there was nothing else needed for the install. Not sure why they would tell you you need a flash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts