Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching some YouTube video's recently, I saw a reference to the Fidlock magnetic buckle for motorcycle helmets. I searched around and could only find them on eBay, shipping from England. Anyway, I ordered a couple and found that they are basically sold as if they were going to an OEM helmet manufacturer as the "base" only has a slot; meaning that you may need to cut the helmet strap on one side (unless yours is removable).

As my helmet didn't have a removable strap and I didn't want to cut my strap, I opted to cut a slot in the aluminum base plate so that I could slide the base onto the strap (similar to the way other quick-click buckles use). As far as I can tell, a small cut in the middle of the plate has not resulted in making the base any less rigid, I pulled as hard as I could with no flexing or breakage. DISCLAIMER: I did not check with the manufacturer and doubt that they will approve of cutting their aluminum base - DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The magnetic buckle is great, you can snap or remove it with one hand, gloves or no gloves. Once connected, it is very tight and I can’t see it coming off unless you take it off.

Information on the Fidlock model that I used is here:

Here are some photos of what I did - good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only thing i am concerned w is IF something happens (i pray not) that the buckle will come apart on a hard hit, same w those quick disconnect click style ones

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
I live in Sweden and i cant find anyplace to order it. Can anyone on a websight or shop so i can order over the internet.
Regards
Mats C

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Hi!
I live in Sweden and i cant find anyplace to order it. Can anyone on a websight or shop so i can order over the internet.
Regards
Mats C

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was the only place I found them, very good seller with great communication. They ship from UK so you should get them quicker than I did. I've been using mine all spring and have had no issues. Once you get the straps broken in, it's a natural click and go.

Also, these are the same buckles that Ruroc put on their new Atlas 2.0 helmet which is DOT approved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your answer. It was not cheap to shipp to Sweden 3 times the cost for the buckle. So i lock around a little bit more.
Thanks again for the help.
Mats C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts