Road Glide banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a set of 14" LA Choppers Hammerhead bars on my 22 Road Glide ST and would like to extend my brake and clutch lines.

I'm looking at Magnum cables (+4) black pearl for each, but had a few questions.

1. Does anyone know thet part #s I need?

2. For brakes do I need a mid and an upper cable?

3. What are the OEM lengths for the mid and upper brake cables and the upper clutch cable?

From what I've read, it looks like I need to add +4" to the upper brake and clutch, but not sure what lengths I'm adding to.

Thanks in advance and if I'm missing anything please let me know!

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,030 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide Special in Snake Venom 🐍
595 Posts
I'm installing a set of 14" LA Choppers Hammerhead bars on my 22 Road Glide ST and would like to extend my brake and clutch lines.

I'm looking at Magnum cables (+4) black pearl for each, but had a few questions.

1. Does anyone know thet part #s I need?

2. For brakes do I need a mid and an upper cable?

3. What are the OEM lengths for the mid and upper brake cables and the upper clutch cable?

From what I've read, it looks like I need to add +4" to the upper brake and clutch, but not sure what lengths I'm adding to.

Thanks in advance and if I'm missing anything please let me know!
FYI I know it’s not directly related to your question but you do not need an extended brake line for 14’s. I was able to figure out a routing for it early last year when I installed my 14” KSTs. The only thing I needed to do was get a 4” extension from FBI for the clutch cable.

·
Registered
2021 RG special in Snake Venom
2,410 Posts
I did the same as Grizzeled. Used the Clutch extension,,Very cool piece and its not plastic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts