Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hearing a scrubbing sound that the stealer mechanic had listened to and couldn't diagnose other than maybe the Isolated Drive System noise. It kept getting louder especially after I went from a Rush to a Cobra muffler which was not as loud. Turns out the main gear drive bearing was going out at 29,900 miles like some others here have had happen. I was told by my indy mechanic that the primary chain tensioner had the chain way too tight and that this may have been why it was going out along with bad bearings in 09 and 10. So I'll be getting the Screamin Eagle compensator and a Baker tensioner put in as well since I already knew about the compensator problem HD is having. Also getting the Wild 1 Chubby WO 515's with 4" over cables I already had ordered last month put on along with a catless ceramic coated 2 into 1 headpipe and Power Vision with a dyno tune. There goes my tax refund and lots of other cash but the bars, the pipe and PV with a tune from the best HD mechanic/tuner in the state should all make it worth the expense.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
That sucks, I've heard about the problem also. What made you choose the Baker tensioner over the Hayden?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Was the bike a stock 96" ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts