Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Lovell, ME for a long weekend starting tomorrow (10-13-17). Me and my 3 amigos are going to explore the Conway-Rangeley Lake areas. I heard there is already snow on the top of Mt. Washington? True? We've all been in the area in the past, just looking for some new roads to try. Any suggestions?

Will Post pictures after we get back next Monday.

Scoop

·
Registered
143 Posts
Heading up to Lovell, ME for a long weekend starting tomorrow (10-13-17). Me and my 3 amigos are going to explore the Conway-Rangeley Lake areas. I heard there is already snow on the top of Mt. Washington? True? We've all been in the area in the past, just looking for some new roads to try. Any suggestions?

Will Post pictures after we get back next Monday.

Scoop
Rt 113 from Fryeburg to Gilead is nice, pick up Rt 2 to Rt 17. 17 has some nice views when you get near the Rangeley lake area. Rt 16 out of Rangeley over to the Carrabassett Valley is a nice ride. Beware Rt 16 from Errol to Rangeley sucks! I was up there 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photos of our trip. Three RoadGlides and one StreetGlide. Great weather, and yes, Route 16 from Rangeley to Errol sucks, its like a washboard. We did Evans Notch and Grafton Notch and Rangeley on Saturday, then went to Wiscasette for Lobster rolls on Sunday, had to ride back home to reality on Monday, but managed Hurricane Mountain road and the "Cank" on the way home. Here are the maximum allowed files.

Scoop

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The colors were just nearing peak, madmat, and we lucked out totally with weather. The forecast changed daily and we didn't end up riding in any rain or wet leave situations. Temps were still mild, in the 50's in the morning and up to high 70's in the day with partial clouds. I've never been around the Rangeley lake or northwestern Maine area, it is really beautiful.

Scoop

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Swomak,

I have to say most of the roads are very good and if you know someone in the area or study the maps you can find some not so popular cuts that are exilarating and exciting. Some of the roads could use a repave to smooth out the washboards but they are not that many like that. I just won't put one of those cameras on my helmet and I can't/won't stop at every scenic overlook, so I got what I could for pictures. We sure had a good time, over 1000 miles in 4 days riding.

Scoop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts