Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RG.org Flag stop in Lincoln Me Saturday May 25 11 pm at the Napa auto parts store. Main St in Lincoln near the corner of US 2 and Access highway.
Exit 227 off I95. Lunch at Gilmores, then we launch workman into deepest darkest Canada.
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
7,721 Posts
Crap! It's gone from a 10% chance of rain on Saturday in last night's forcast to 70% now. The whole weekend looks like a washout. Might be time to punt!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WABI weather has it rainy into Sunday, Saturday only supposed to be 45-50.
rain and blustery. May have to dig out the snowmobile gear again
Ron still going if the weather stays crap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Yeah..that's why I mentioned it..early portion of the week I was watching..I was planning on meeting you guys...but I can't do a 9 hr. round trip with the other half on the back in rain...nope..not happening...lol...Old Man Winter just don't want to let go...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Sounds like from the other Thread he's going to give it a day to make a decision...but it looks bad from here. That radar has it hanging over us...it stalled...just lingering...drifting right toward the weekend..
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
7,721 Posts
Yup, the forecast has gone from a 10% chance of rain on Saturday to 70% with a high of only 50. Mike, let's give it until tomorrow night and then I'll talk with "Workman" to discuss, but I don't know that any of us want to ride in a pouring rain at 50 degrees - BRRR! Also, 80% chance of rain on Friday and 50% on Sunday. Sounds like a great Memorial Day weekend in Maine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
It looks like this weekend is a bust due to weather - with the rain and traffic predictions for the holiday weekend - it would be a dangerous ride for all. Plan on another attempt next weekend --
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
7,721 Posts
Yup, let's reschedule. We want to have fun, not misery and pneumonia!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been friggin pouring all morning, but 62 degrees.
Supposed to drop to the 40's tomorrow, some forcasts are calling for 4" of rain, maybe spit some snow on the mtns.

Maybe better next weekend, get a bigger group if the weather breaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
I am going to go to Halifax on Sat (6/1), If there is anyone that I can meet in Bangor on Friday Night (5/31) please speak-up. If not I am going to go to Moncton friday and turn the flag over to Crabby Sat morning and get on with the rest of my trip.
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
7,721 Posts
I have to work a trade show in upstate NY next weekend so can't make it but hope others can meet up with you to sign the flag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Flag...

I am going to go to Halifax on Sat (6/1), If there is anyone that I can meet in Bangor on Friday Night (5/31) please speak-up. If not I am going to go to Moncton friday and turn the flag over to Crabby Sat morning and get on with the rest of my trip.
I'll be starting Vacation so I'm in...again..pending weather if you need to Blast..I can meet you and get farther North...guess it depends on what happens...who is available from North Country...I can do Maine...then I'm off to Bike week in Laconia the following Week if for some reason it still has not been transferred I can bring it there...I'll keep watching the thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Here is my latest plan: Leave early Friday to Bangor for Breakfast about 9, then over to Campobello Island for a quick tour. From there to St George NB for the night. Off to Moncton early Sat to turn the flag over and down to Nova Scotia to visit some Submarine Association buds.

Ranger - be glad to have company - how early can you get underway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Gotta work next Friday also , so most likely wont be able to get away for too long.. Maybe it will turn up at Laconia.

Let me know where you stop in Bangor. If you decide to stop at Dysarts
at exit 180 or nearby for breakfast and fuel, I might be able to sneak out and catch you in the parking lot before you head out .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Gotta work next Friday also , so most likely wont be able to get away for too long.. Maybe it will turn up at Laconia.

Let me know where you stop in Bangor. If you decide to stop at Dysarts
at exit 180 or nearby for breakfast and fuel, I might be able to sneak out and catch you in the parking lot before you head out .
I actually planned to stop at Dysarts. LOL Time will depend now on Ranger.

I will PM you my phone no.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top