Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TO: All Maine or NH riders (and anyone else that cares to show up)

We're planning a "Meet and Greet" for 3-4 hours next Saturday, Sept. 14th in Augusta, Maine. It will be held at Roosters Pizza and Tap House at 110 Community Dr. (http://www.roosters.com) We'll plan on getting there around 11-11:30 and we'll meet in the parking lot. I'll reserve a separate area for us to sit down and have lunch sometime around 1:00.

The main purpose is simply to give everyone a chance to meet other members and check out each other's bikes. BS'ing, Bikes, and Beer. Both "GMAN SERGU" (Gauthama) and I (Kevin), your SW4 hosts, will be there. We'd like to talk to you about SW4 and see what ideas you may have for the event. We'd also like to know if any of you have any work or hobby special talents that might be utilized at SW, and of course we'll have a sign up sheet there for anyone who would like to donate some time helping out before or during the event.

PLEASE post on here if you plan to attend and let us know how many are coming so we can reserve space for lunch.

In case of rain - let's use www.weather.com as our guide. If the forecast for Augusta, ME. that morning calls for a higher than 30% chance of rain from 11-3, then we'll push it back one day to Sunday. If it's 30% or less we're a go for Saturday. If both days are higher than 30%, we'll reschedule to the following Saturday, same place, same time.

Hope to see you there! It goes without saying that wives/girlfriends are welcome .... just don't bring both!

Directions:

From the south - I-95 to exit 112A Civic Center Drive. That will automatically put you onto Civic Center Drive. Take your very first right onto Community Drive and you can't miss Roosters. It's right in front of the Augusta Civic Center.

From the north - I-95 to exit 112. Left off the exit, then under the highway and take your first right onto Community Drive.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good choice. Roosters is the best.

See you there,

Rick:)
I was hoping the ride wouldn't be too long for you!!! ;) Never been there. I was just google searching for restaurant/bars near I-95 from Augusta to Waterville and found Roosters. Saw a picture where it looked like they had about 20 Tap beers, plus a lot of regional bottled beers. Then noticed that they had a coal fired oven for their pizzas and that's all it took for me to make a decision! :D

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
HMMMMMMMM>???????

I-90 E to I-495 N 264.23 miles
4 hrs 37 mins / 4 hrs 32 mins based on current traffic
Hey buddy, it's a long haul for a meet and greet but would love to have you there. Find someone to ride up with and do it. I'd welcome you to stay at my place but I'm almost 3 hours north of there!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I should be able to be there OK barring a deluge.

Th bosshas been bugging me to take her to Lands End near Bailey Island to pillage the gift shop. This would put me 1/2 way there.

Go by Roadie, no room to haul a lot back..:D

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should be able to be there OK barring a deluge.

Are we allowed to bring wimmin?
Mines been bugging me to take her to Lands End near Bailey Island to pillage the gift shop. This would put me 1/2 way there.

Go by Roadie, no room to haul a lot back..:D

"Are we allowed to bring wimmin?" See my note just above "Directions" in the OP.

I know what you mean by "no room to haul a lot back". There's a guy I ride with a couple times a year who gets all stressed out before the ride because his wife always tries to bring 3-5 pairs of shoes for a two day ride!

·
Registered
816 Posts
She aint coming. She's having her fall girls party where a bunch of 50 somethings get together, drink whine (yes I spelled it right :D), talk about boys, bitch about the kids, play "rob your neighbor" and giggle all night.

I have asked to referee the bra and panty pillow fight portion of the evening in the past, but there is a very strict "no boys allowed" rule.

I now have no timetable regarding the M and G. We could end up at T he Liberal Cup in Hallowell cleaning up the last of the "Dog Days of Summer" ale.:cool:

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you should mention the Cup, never been there but ran across it on the net. Great beer selction from what I remember. Noticed they had Gearys HSA on tap. My favorite beer when I'm on the bike and only gonna have 1. It just looked very tiny and there weren't any pics to show what kind of parking they had, etc. I'll have to check that out at some point, though I can't remember the last time I was through Hallowell.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Liberal Cup is a cool little bar right in downtown Hallowell.
Pretty small as I remember. We parked on the street.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was hoping the ride wouldn't be too long for you!!! ;) Never been there. I was just google searching for restaurant/bars near I-95 from Augusta to Waterville and found Roosters. Saw a picture where it looked like they had about 20 Tap beers, plus a lot of regional bottled beers. Then noticed that they had a coal fired oven for their pizzas and that's all it took for me to make a decision! :D
Almost ten minutes on a good day, used to go right by there on my way to work although it was something else then. Rooster's is much better. Good selection of beer although I stick to tea or Coke these days when I'm on the bike. Liberal cup is OK but the parking can be a problem in Hallowell. There is a lot down by the river when they are not using that for a farmers market. I haven't been there in years because there are better places for food around.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Great idea Kevin - I will be there. I have to be in Groton CT late in the afternoon so may have to leave a bit early. See ya there.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Terrific Ron and YB, looks like we've got about 8-9 so far. If anyone knows any other members from Maine/NH who haven't posted on this thread yet, feel free to send them a PM about the meet and greet. Thanks.

·
Registered
918 Posts
More times than not when I have plans and make reservations,
work raises it's ugly head and grabs me by the ass and changes everything.
I am the assistant supt. and foreman of an old antiquated water system, 'where what ain't broke is about to break at any given time !!'

I have been there for 25 years and know the system like the back of my hand...where my 3 man crew have been there for 12 years total between them.

I'll do my best to get away that day....'bout all I can do.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Alright, who else is coming next Saturday? Mainiacs, New Hampsters, Massholes, and even Connecticut cons are welcome! Hell we'd even welcome a couple of Cannucks from NB if they chose to ride down. Please post a quick note here if you're coming so I can reserve a big enough table for us.

Here's who I have heard from so far that will be coming, (barring any work interferences):

GMAN SERGU / Mainah / Glider Rider / YBNORML / Workman / Mike / myself (and a couple more that are trying to clear their schedules)

If you know of any other members (or prospective members) that might like to show up, please invite them.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 69 Posts