Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be fun to try to get Road Glide riders from Maine together for a meet and greet sometime this summer. Spouses/GFs welcome of course. It can be just a couple hour get together on a Saturday afternoon, or we could plan it so we arrive anytime on Saturday, and those who want to stay over can. Maybe have a short group ride on Sunday a.m. stopping for breakfast, then head home after that. Taking the spouses/GFs on a one night get away is always a good thing!

No formal acitivities, just get together to check out each other's bikes, maybe have a meal at some casual eating spot, and make a new friend or two.

The only qualification is that you ride a Road Glide or are in the prcoess of getting one. Old or new, bone stock or totally custom, Custom or Ultra ... it doesn't matter. Will pick a central location once we now who's coming from where.

If interested, let's hear from you on here. Please include your first name and tell us what part of the state you live in. Also if you'd be more interested in just a couple hour meet and greet on a Saturday afternoon or if you'd prefer an overnighter. If there's enough interest I'll find a location with a hotel/motel or cabins.

I'm Kevin and live about 90 minutes (north, then east) from Bangor.

Interested?

·
Registered
350 Posts
as long as the date works out i'm in! might be able to bring another bud whos got the glide but doesnt do the web! to old school !

·
Registered
304 Posts
Any chance you guys want to let a NH guy meet too? :D

I live in the seacoast area so ride up into maine regularly. I got to Bentleys Saloon pretty often. They have camping there so if it turns into an overnighter it could be a good option.

http://bentleyssaloon.com/

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no problems with that, hell, I was born and raised in southern NH. We'll see who is coming from where and then pick a central location. It likely would be in the middle of the state somewhere, probably within a 50 mile radius of Bangor as we have guys from as far north as Presque Isle who'd like to come. Would look to put some time separation between Laconia and this get together, so I was thinking back half of July to the first half of Sept. Let's see how many more responses we get and then we'll pull it together.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i'm from hampton nh i am in

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'd probably show up if it happens someplace. Almost anywhere in the state good for me.

I was going to say, we should get the NH or even the New England group involved. The 6 or 8 of us in the state wont make much of a crowd.:D

YBNormal got a nice backyard ( Mt Desert and Acadia Park ) pretty central.
Western Mountains not out of reach either

Mike 20 mile n of Bangor

·
Registered
816 Posts
The Maine state Hog Rally is in Greenville this year July 19-21, so it will be very busy around there that week.

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd probably show up if it happens someplace. Almost anywhere in the state good for me.

I was going to say, we should get the NH or even the New England group involved. The 6 or 8 of us in the state wont make much of a crowd.:D

YBNormal got a nice backyard ( Mt Desert and Acadia Park ) pretty central.
Western Mountains not out of reach either

Mike 20 mile n of Bangor

I was thinking that a smaller group from Maine (Maine/N.H.) would be a good start. Just looking for a meet and greet so we can check out each others' bikes and be able to put a face with the usernames on here, and make a new friend or two. We can always put together a larger New England group the next time.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My RGU is in North Hampton, N.H. Does that count? :eek:
Just being a PITA.... I know there has to be a cut-off even though I am 30 minutes south of Seabrook, NH. "Flat lander's" will have to visit during a New England get together.

:D

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My RGU is in North Hampton, N.H. Does that count? :eek:
Just being a PITA.... I know there has to be a cut-off even though I am 30 minutes south of Seabrook, NH. "Flat lander's" will have to visit during a New England get together.

:D
Hell, if you're going to pout about it (;)) come on along with the guys from N. Hampton area. I really don't care who comes but want to keep it on the smaller side the first time around. Jump on board.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bet combined forces will be less than 10 either way judging by the look of things.

I'll continue to monitor this thread and if the timing works out we'll see about riding up together as a group.

I mentioned to some of the other NH guys about a ride to Bentleys Saloon in arundel. They have camping there and good food, etc. Its usually a blast and they have a lot of rides out of there throughout the season.

Opening weekend is 3/31/12 and I will be there for that. I'll start a new thread putting a ride together to go to Bentleys.

·
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Any other Maine/New Hampshire riders interested in a Saturday afternoon meet and greet somewhere in central Maine? Date not confirmed but likely sometime between end July and 2nd weekend of Sept.

Just trying to judge level of interest so we can plan for accordingly for "X" number of people.

·
Registered
918 Posts
All will depend on my working schedule....If I'm off work
I'd enjoy meeting everyone....
The location doesn't really matter to me....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts