Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!!

Taking off this friday on a two week adventure down to Ga. Got a strict time frame to arrive in Ga, but plenty to get home. Plan on taking 84 over to 81 then staying on 81 south. Anybody been on these roads recently? was wondering the condition of them.

coming home was trying to stay off the highway as much as possible, any thoughts or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks brian

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Where in GA are you headed, Brian? I'm on the east side of the state, right on the SC line off of I-20. There are a few other RGers here in this area who are on the forum, also: Bluzmn59, Peewee, Klyons8963.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,945 Posts
I rode from Charlotte, N.C. to north of Bangor a couple weeks ago. Heading north I took 77 to 81 to 84 to Mass Pike to 495. I'm happy to report that there weren't any major issues or construction delays anywhere in route. I did get caught up behind an accident on 81 just south of Carlisle that turned both the northbound and southbound lanes into a parking lot for 2 hours - in a downpour!

Enjoy the trip and ride safe.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I would have to do TOD or Cherohala if I was that far south.

Might want to do Skyline Drive on the way back up if youre inland. 81 runs down thru Shenandoah, see it from up high. You p/u 81 again near Front Royal. I'd like to do the Blue Ridge Parkeway full length, but 45 mph, would take awhile.

We ran 15 and 30 in Pennsylvania, and went a long ways up 22 and 209 to Kingston NY. Delaware Water Gap was a nice ride too, up to Port Jervis from E Stroudsburg.

Gettysburg battlefield was interesting I thought. We made a couple passes thru the Amish Country around Lancaster, York , Intercourse and New Holland.
We just followed little roads until we come out someplace , just to see what we could see.

Western mass up thru Pittsfield and N Adams in the mtns was nice, ran roughly parallel to the mass pike on the side roads, came into NH at Keene, then took 202 from Concord. Molly Stark Trail across the bottom of Vermont is nice too.

If youre close to the coat near Virginia Beach you could go over the Chesapeake bridge/tunnel and up the Delmarva on 13. We came up it in 08, stopped at Mikes Famous HD in Smyrna, then went back out into the Amish country from Newark Delaware to go around NYC. The bridge was fun, run up the peninsula in the rain looking at flat farmland , not so much.

Its all good. Have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts