Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered a Softbrake +1W to fit with the lower fairings.
Rick at Softbrake calls me the next day. Asked why I didn't order the +1 W NP?
I guess because I didn't know what it was...

After we talked a bit and he asked my inseam, shoes size, ext, he explained the NP model has a smaller pad for us bigfoot people. It used the small brake pad. He also recommended I get the 3/4" spacers. I told him I would be using the TallBoyscycles extenders from my other bike, but he said I'd be happy with the spacers.

3 days later, it's time for install. And a surprise-with the 3/4" spacers, I didn't have to trim my lower fairings with the Tallboy brackets.

Now I just don't like the footboard inserts on the Ultra, so decided to go with something different.:surprise:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tonight's episode- pulled the handlebar pin and rolled them up a bit. This time I used a sharpie to mark the base and bars just to see how much they moved. Probly less than a 1/4", but what a difference!

Gave her a good detailing, since I've been sweatin' all over it. Finished up with some Mother's CMX ceramic spray. I've never used this stuff before, but was impressed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C&C seat arrived today. Tour Special w/backrest, two tone-black vinyl/Mercedes black accents, piping stitch, 3" back from stock. Feels spectacular! :laugh:

I'm done!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Not easy for us tall guys to own these cramped Harleys lol. Nice job,looks great! I also use Softbrake but a bit longer since I don’t have lowers. I use the Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat which works well but like the looks of your seat,real nice! Never heard of that company before and they seem to have great products. Isn’t it nice to get on your Harley and not feel like a circus bear on a tricycle anymore lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn’t it nice to get on your Harley and not feel like a circus bear on a tricycle anymore lol
Yes, yes it is!

I've tried several seats in the past and they just don't compare to C&C, for me. Plus you get to pick the material, stitching, and size, then get it in about a week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
C&C seat arrived today. Tour Special w/backrest, two tone-black vinyl/Mercedes black accents, piping stitch, 3" back from stock. Feels spectacular! :laugh:

I'm done!

Was it worth the money for the C&C seat? I've been looking at them, as they seem to have the customization that I am looking for. So far, looking at about $1,300 for me seat and passenger pad. Looks great brother!! BTW...I'm 6'8" so I LOVE this thread! lol :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts