Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the opposite of the factory Limited Low.:grin:
For reference, I'm 6'2" with 36" inseam.

Day 1-The adventure begins-

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First mods were the mid frame deflectors, just because I think they're cool..but nothing to do with the tall build.

I ordered the extended brackets from Tall Boys Cycles. They're expensive, but worth every penny. They shipped Priority Mail and made it to me fast.

I did a lot of research on seats. I had a Mustang Summit on my Ultra Classic, but wanted something similar to the factory seat. Decided on the LePera Outcast Daddy Long Legs. I ordered it from 2wheel.com on Friday night and it arrived Tuesday afternoon. Great service, super fast shipping! Just a short ride so far, but I think it's a keeper.

Waiting on a few goodies from Boardtracker...stay tuned!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Good luck with the build. I'm 5'8" and I fit perfectly on touring models. I don't know how you tall guys squeeze your legs onto the floorboards on a stock bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im 6-6 with 36 inseam, the daddy long legs seat is great for long hauls. I ride a saddleman slammed solo local, moves you back about 2".
Also went with 6" forward controls to move my legs out.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
New goodies arrived-
SoftBrake +2
Chrome saddlebag guards
Freedom Shields 12" dark smoke
Footpeg kit 50964-98 w/Slipstream pegs
Wind Deflector kit 57000510
and
gonna try the Mustang Wide Tripper seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wide Tripper. Just rode about 15 miles on this one. Time will tell.

I really like the seat and position of the Outcast DLL, but the rise in the back is too much for me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put some seat time on the Wide Tripper.
I really like everything about this seat, but it's just too short for my long legs.
Headed to the For Sale forum...

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm 6'4" 290 lbs with a 36" inseam. I went with the tall boy floorboard relocation kit, the soft brake +3 on the brake lever, +2.5 on the front shift lever, and +1.5 on the rear shift lever. Stock seat mainly so I could add a backrest, and flipped the short highway peg mounts backwards so I could really stretch my legs out on the open road.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Nice posts on your upgrades!. No problems with the tall boy brackets (in the curves; dragging)? I like the angle and the extra real estate for your feet...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No scrapes yet, but I ride like an ol' man! LOL
I had them on my last Ultra Classic. I could make them, but I never had any unintentional scrapes.
If you're a twisty rider, you results may vary.
The comfort is well worth it!

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
I have ridden the snake on my RGS with the tall boys with no problem.
Good to hear. Have you thought about extending the boards out as well? I am really considering the tall boys, but also a floorboard extender from Baker (kicks the boards out 3/4 inch). Maybe that's pushing the limits too much...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bike is looking great. That's a really good looking seat...like that one a lot.

I might have to consider the brackets too being 6'3". Already have my pegs on the leading edge of the engine guard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts