Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arrived at Fuel Moto this morning!

I wanted to watch while they work. Aint gonna happen. :)

One part of their shop, Dyno room is on the left.

Dyno room!

Do we need another oil thread! Amsoil zombies chime in!

·
Registered
564 Posts
That your scoot in the pics Fuel Moto used on Facebook today?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That your scoot in the pics Fuel Moto used on Facebook today?

Yep.

And there are a ton of "performance experts" criticizing the numbers, and its bugging me.

A lot of people saying they'd be disappointed in the numbers, that dont understand that I have true duals (or even if they did they dont understand why that matters), which limits my options and my numbers.

I'll say that I knew going in pretty much what I would get, and given the circumstances, I chose to have this build. (107, 777, no ported heads, but Jamie refreshed the parts in my existing heads (better springs, new seals)).

Many folks saying I should have had my heads ported, etc.

But with true duals, head porting doesnt yield that much additional power, and where it does, it comes on further to the right where I don't ride.

But what most people dont understand is performance is only 1/2 of the reason I got this build. Reliability is the other half.

I put a lot of miles on my bike, and now not only do I have much more power (23% more, which is fantastic), but I have more reliable parts - better pistons, jugs (better than bored stock because I got Fuel Moto jugs, not bored stock), inner cam bearing, lifters, clutch and valve springs.

I put a couple hundred on it today, and I can say the bike has guts now. It does what I want it to do when I want it done, it doesnt labor going uphill in cruise control, and the maddening, incessant valve train clatter is completely gone.

What I have now is a much more reliable, much better performing bike, thats what I paid for, thats what I got, and I'm very happy.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
So hows that gas mileage Keith? That is what I am wondering about. Noticeable difference? I'll do heads when I do it but I'm a madman.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, gas mileage is down a bit.

I did mostly highway yesterday, pretty close to 70, nothing crazy.

Typically after a 1/2 a tank of highway travel my bike projects about 265 total miles (miles driven+miles remaining).

Today it was 240. I havent filled up yet this morning, but I'd expect my mileage to be about 36-37 as opposed to about 40 before

·
Registered
564 Posts
Screw the know-it-all keyboard critics! Like already said, your bike, your money, you're happy, all that matters! Glad you're happy with it! Have fun with it. Good lookin ride btw...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yesterday we came up thru Green Bay , across the UP, over the bridge and dinner at Legs Inn. Gorgeous weather!

Literally 20 seconds into the Tunnel of Trees I hit a small deer. Front fender damage only, and I kept it up, so I'm fine but pissed. Bent the fender back and kept riding.

This is a very strong happy motor! I LOVE passing people now, instead of dreading it.

Today we stayed between 60 and 70 and my mileage was closer to 40 MPG.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Glad you stayed upright. How did you like that bridge? Scared the crap out of the wife and me last summer. Running around 60 on mine I get 41.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you stayed upright. How did you like that bridge? Scared the crap out of the wife and me last summer. Running around 60 on mine I get 41.
I usually hate the bridge, but the weather was gorgeous and for a change, the winds going over the bridge were relatively calm, so no big deal. I was able to ride the paved side all the way, a rare treat as well.

I've been over that bridge on my bike in 45 degree rain with howling wind, that was NOT fun.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Those numbers sound about right to me. When I did my first 107" with t-man 555tq cams my numbers were 95/118. It was a huge improvement over stock. Enjoy the ride and watch out for those critters.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What tuner are you using? I have all Fuel Moto heads exhaust, wood 222 cams and power vision. Tune Jamie put in my power vision for that setup I was getting 35-37 mpg cruisin around Indiana. I did some auto tunes after that and now Im getting about 42. If I lost some horsepower Im not feeling the loss. With bike fully loaded, my 350 lbs and my wifes ummm 100 lbs (add 50 to that) and I have no trouble getting up and going or passing anything on highway. More than enough power and plenty dependable. Other than in a straight line drag, any more horsepower is a waste (I believe) because these bikes frames and suspensions and tires cant handle any more power in the curves.

I think you got a great build!

Of course, If I win lottery, forget everything I just typed because I will head to Fuel Moto and have them go crazy!!!!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What tuner are you using? I have all Fuel Moto heads exhaust, wood 222 cams and power vision. Tune Jamie put in my power vision for that setup I was getting 35-37 mpg cruisin around Indiana. I did some auto tunes after that and now Im getting about 42. If I lost some horsepower Im not feeling the loss. With bike fully loaded, my 350 lbs and my wifes ummm 100 lbs (add 50 to that) and I have no trouble getting up and going or passing anything on highway. More than enough power and plenty dependable. Other than in a straight line drag, any more horsepower is a waste (I believe) because these bikes frames and suspensions and tires cant handle any more power in the curves.

I think you got a great build!

Of course, If I win lottery, forget everything I just typed because I will head to Fuel Moto and have them go crazy!!!!
Its a Power Vision, Jamie did the tune (and everything else), so I'm a bit reluctant (and have no time) to goof around with his tune. Although its easy enough to go back to his tune, I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts