Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here although I did start a post a while back about converting my 14 Limited to a RG using 15 fairing. Well, that turned out to be way too expensive to pull off so I did the next best thing. Traded my Limited for a new CVORGU.

Went with the blue one after a lot of internal debate. The maroon looks really good in the sun. The blue one arrived at the dealer with a deposit already on it. When he saw it he turned it down and I got the phone call. Went in and took a look, long story cut short worked out a deal. I don't care to share personal details, but they paid off my Limited in full and took $1000 off the new one. I'm happy with the deal.

Wife is out of town so when she returns we will go in and make the swap and sign the papers.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I've never shelled out this much money on a new bike before. I'm sure I've done it to previous bikes a part at a time tho. Lol

Anyway, I'll get some pics up later if I can figure it out here.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Welcome to this site also :D . Tons of great info on the sharks here for sure. Annual meet and greet called Sharkweek this year will be in Kerrville, TX in mid June.

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Congrats. welcome , and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. welcome , and let us know how you like it.
I'm sure I'm gonna love. Shoot, at these prices I can't afford not to love it.

I was able to test ride one at the York open house. Felt much lighter than the Limited. Had more wind, but it was smooth with zero turbulence or buffeting.

Only thing I "may" have an issue with is the infotainment screen washing out in the sun. I'm sure I'll be able to live with that but hopefully there will be a hood of some sort to correct that mistake.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
......so I did the next best thing. Traded my Limited for a new CVORGU.

........ smart man !
.... welcome to the (no longer quite so) Secret Society of the Sharknose !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dropped off my Limited and finished the paperwork a couple of days ago. Been raining so I didn bring the new one home yet. Plan to get it tomorrow morning. Supposed to be nice weather so maybe I'll get a nice long break in ride.

I feel like a kid whose parents told him his big Christmas present wont be here until tomorrow because Santa was just too busy. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked her up today and put a few miles on it before the wife got cold.

First thing I checked when I got home was the air shocks. Ride felt a little harsh. Zero air pressure. I'll keep an eye out for a leak but I really think someone just didn't check this. The other issue I have is a little more serious. A scuff or smudge in the paint on the right side of tank by the seat. Looked like a grease smudge. Not so much. Emailed the dealer and I'll go back tomorrow and have them look at it. Hopefully it can be buffed out, if not, I'll ask for a new tank.

No, I'm not pissed of just yet. I'm patient and as long as the dealer steps up, and I have no reason to doubt they will, and fixes this I'm all good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Minor paint issue was taken care of by the dealer today. Tech looked at it, said I can fix that, rolled it inside and was back in 15 minutes,.....scuff marks gone.

Only have about 150 miles but already can tell this bike rides way better than the Limited I had on both hi way and twisties.

I'm gonna enjoy this bike for a long time, I think. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts