Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Ride shields is having a 50% off Sale. The code is spng50. I just got a new mako for 62 dollars. Shipping was like 20 more. But still a good deal.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Thanks for the info. Now would be a good time to try a shorter one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured at that price I would get two. And sell the one I don't like

·
Registered
447 Posts
Went to the site today to buy one and the code is no longer valid:(:(
I guess that is what happens when you procrastinate.:mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fedex delivered my 12" Mako yesterday. I was able to get in on the 50% sale. The box looked like it had been smashed down with a tire. It had big black ring on one side of it. The shield must really be shatter proof. No padding in the box. Just protective film. The shield was not damaged. Looks like a high quality product. But could use some padding in the box.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still waiting for mine. FedEx originally said it was to be delivered yesterday but now I'm still waiting. Hopefully today. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How tall are you reddobe1? I hot the 11 inch and I'm 5'8"

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the 11 inch shield on tonight and took a ride and it seems perfect.

·
Registered
105 Posts
got mine yesterday. Didn't get a chance to put it on yet. Busy long weekend here at the motel. Probably get it on Monday or Tuesday. Go for a ride before I rip off the film. Pretty sure it is a good size for me, being 5'10. But better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Put my new 12" mako on today. Of course 2 well nuts broke. But made it work for now till I get new ones.
Any way went for a short ride. Pretty happy with the shield. Pushes the wind onto the very top of my helmet. Perfect in my opinion.
I will take of the plastic as soon as the new nuts come. Later today I hope.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The guy I bought my bike from had put 1/4 20 bolts and we'll nuts in and had stainless fender washers. I kept the beefed up bolts and nuts and used these washers that have an attached rubber washer. Nice and snug

·
Registered
112 Posts
I installed the Mako as soon as I opened the box. Much better than the old shield I had. Not really digging the gap between the inner faring and the shield. Other than that it seems to be pretty good.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a very tall clear shield. It looked like ass. I'm digging the look of the new one. It's not perfect but for 60 bucks it's more than fine

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm going to see if I can some small black weather strip that can go between the shield and inner faring to fill the gap. If no luck finding weather strip I can live with it the way it is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts