Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this system. I was going to go with the FOBO system. I like that this has its own constant display (re-chargeable). It has good reviews the only downside is you cant set individual tire alarms, but I figure with the display always on that wouldn't really be a problem. I will get something after I get new tires and change to metal valve stems, was thinking this looked pretty good.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Anyone ever use this system. I was going to go with the FOBO system. I like that this has its own constant display (re-chargeable). It has good reviews the only downside is you cant set individual tire alarms, but I figure with the display always on that wouldn't really be a problem. I will get something after I get new tires and change to metal valve stems, was thinking this looked pretty good.
Where is the display? and how do you see it while moving? I have the Fobo and I don't need the display, if there is any variance in tire pressure I get a loud alarm through the Boom system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where is the display? and how do you see it while moving? I have the Fobo and I don't need the display, if there is any variance in tire pressure I get a loud alarm through the Boom system.

Are you running the FOBO system with rubber or metal stems?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Are you running the FOBO system with rubber or metal stems?
My CVO has metal stems, when i first got the fobo system it almost killed me, I installed them on my 14 FLHTK with the rubber stem, started loosing air going 75 mph, almost completely sheering off the rubber stem.

·
Registered
667 Posts
My CVO has metal stems, when i first got the fobo system it almost killed me, I installed them on my 14 FLHTK with the rubber stem, started loosing air going 75 mph, almost completely sheering off the rubber stem.
what caused it to almost shear off the stems, the centrifugal force of the pressure cap on the rubber stems?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
what caused it to almost shear off the stems, the centrifugal force of the pressure cap on the rubber stems?
I also have the fobo TPMS system, and basically, yes that’s what can happen. I have had this system on my last two RG, and am happy with it. I purchased FOBOs “T” valves so I can add air without removing the unit.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has a LCD display that can attach to the bars. The display is rechargeable. The FOBO system looks great I just like having the pressures always visible. In my truck I always have the display set to tire pressures, just a glitch I must have. I will use my phone for GPS, I don't even try using the Harley GPS.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Had to be a combination of both, this topic is covered extensively at the other forum with most experiencing the same issue with rubber stems.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Thanks. They recommend using metal stems. Just wondering if I should factor in cost to get the new stems installed.

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I have FOBO also, I didn’t even think about using rubber stems because of the information I read from others. The metal stems were only a few dollars, nothing major.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Just ordered a set of the FOBO's with metal stems. wanted to have them ready as I'm about to buy new tires. Running them on rubber stems is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
667 Posts
anyone use this system with the 90° metal stems, or should you use straight i have been running the 90° stems for ease of adding air

·
Registered
505 Posts
Whatever you buy, you want internal sensors. Those cap types compromise the function of the Schrader valve. I do not like that.

Here are a couple of internal models:

https://www.ebay.com/i/323060124930?chn=ps

Motorcycle - TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitor System

I like the Tire Guard because the receiver runs on its own battery and the senders have a battery life of five years. The other one has a much larger display.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I gotta ask.........Why?

It's not as if tire pressure is critical down to the pound.

Pump em up correctly, have a good look at em, see what they feel like when you put the toe to them, and stop obsessing over tire pressures.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For me strictly laziness on checking the rear weekly.

And i have learned a downloading the 5 minute logs. Like people obsessing over 4 to 6 pounds is nuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was a early adopter with the FOBO. I ran it 8000 miles with rubber stems no issue. Now with new phones and updates I can't get the caps to pair. Looking on FOBOs website there are alot of complaints like they aren't keeping up with phone SW changes. They have a 8 item suggestion list for pairing, but i'm done with trying. I bought Malcam off Amazon for 50. Paired in 2 secs. I never had my phone mounted and really couldnt here the alarm in my pocket w/ FOBO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts