Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just made the update to stage 1 to my RGU, one of the reasons to choose the V&H round twin slash slips on was dynojet having a map ready to go from them.
Because I got the new POWERVISION license from fuelmoto they provided me a canned map for the same exhausts.
The main difference between the two is in the AFR table, the fuelmoto one seems leaner in many area than the dynojet one.
Road tested both maps, the fuelmoto seemed giving a little more thrust, but the heat from the cat was sensibly high, and the exhaust noise was not comfortable as if it was in resonance.
Dynojet was a different story, lot more cooler on cat side and pleasant noise at all speed. Little less thrust but smooth in every condition and no feeling of strangled performance as I was feeling in stock.
I decided to keep the dynojet setting, main reason to stage 1 was to cool down the cat.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
814 Posts
I just made the update to stage 1 to my RGU, one of the reasons to choose the V&H round twin slash slips on was dynojet having a map ready to go from them.
Because I got the new POWERVISION license from fuelmoto they provided me a canned map for the same exhausts.
The main difference between the two is in the AFR table, the fuelmoto one seems leaner in many area than the dynojet one.
Road tested both maps, the fuelmoto seemed giving a little more thrust, but the heat from the cat was sensibly high, and the exhaust noise was not comfortable as if it was in resonance.
Dynojet was a different story, lot more cooler on cat side and pleasant noise at all speed. Little less thrust but smooth in every condition and no feeling of strangled performance as I was feeling in stock.
I decided to keep the dynojet setting, main reason to stage 1 was to cool down the cat.
If you have a 2014-2016 bike I personally developed both calibrations, the one posted on the Dynojet site uses their standard AF table which is really only slightly richer at tip in, our map was developed based on what we feel offers the best combination of mileage, performance, and throttle response. However the rest of the calibration is the same and the FM map. Good to go either way.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I assume that the difference in feeling is coming from the fact that here in Europe the gasoline is different from USA, then even little differences in AFR might produce different effects in terms of heat.
Like I said, the fuelmoto map seemed to provide more "power feeling", but heat reduction is more important for me.
Glad to know you developed both, you made me happy anyhow

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I tried again the fuelmoto map for my settings. I have to admit that after having used the dynojet one for a while I realized some roughness at highway speed, something that instead the fuelmoto does not have at all.
Talking about heat, at the end it is the same with both map, the cat is still there so there is nothing I can do about it.
I decided to keep on the fuelmoto, lot more pros if compared with dynojet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts