Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I was just on the "Member Map" thread on the "Member News" section that TracyB created. I'm gonna repost what I posted there.

Someone should put together a map like this of people who are willing to help if a member breaks down or gets stranded. We had something like that on another forum I used to be active on..makes it nice on a trip...that if something happened you could look for a member nearby who could help with tools / truck, a place to work on your bike or a bed for the night. On that one you listed what you'd be able to help with / provide.
Back then it was just a list with names and phone numbers.....but now...with everyone having a computer in their phone.....all you'd have to do is bust out the phone, get on the forum and look at the map.

Anyone wanna take this on? I would but I'm overworked as is at the moment.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I work, away from home. However, if you find yourself in southwest Louisiana, hit me up. wether it is for help or just to hang out. If i am off of work I'll be there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Old data could become the issue, but feeding to the idea.

A resource map for an event such as SW might be nice? Planned travel stop locations (At a bar of course) might lead to more sharks grouped together along the way or not. I live here come camp in my back yard if you want, can help during your travels, etc might be cool.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hey so I was just on the "Member Map" thread on the "Member News" section that TracyB created. I'm gonna repost what I posted there.

Someone should put together a map like this of people who are willing to help if a member breaks down or gets stranded. We had something like that on another forum I used to be active on..makes it nice on a trip...that if something happened you could look for a member nearby who could help with tools / truck, a place to work on your bike or a bed for the night. On that one you listed what you'd be able to help with / provide.
Back then it was just a list with names and phone numbers.....but now...with everyone having a computer in their phone.....all you'd have to do is bust out the phone, get on the forum and look at the map.

Anyone wanna take this on? I would but I'm overworked as is at the moment.
We already have a list like that somewhere on here.... as I remember providing my name and # for that about 2 years ago. Maybe one of the Admin's remembers where it is stored.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
We already have a list like that somewhere on here.... as I remember providing my name and # for that about 2 years ago. Maybe one of the Admin's remembers where it is stored.
Maybe we could roll it all into one? What I mean, is if you're willing to share your location you should be willing to help a brother (or sister) out right? :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one I was on way back, you had 4 or 5 options that you could list to keep it easy to browse through. As I recall it was like.

Chris Barton / /Costa Mesa, CA

Cell 123-123-3456

Truck with ramps: Yes

Trailer: No

Tools: Complete set

Tools with Garage: Yes with lift

Place to sleep if necessary. Yes, Couch

Time available: 6am-12:pm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts