Road Glide banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

March 2023 Bike of the Month

7K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Zedbra 
#1 ·
Welcome to the March Bike of the Month Competition!

Voting will be by 'Likes' on each Member's post and will be open until the end of the month.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Vehicle

Congratulations to @Grizzled for being chosen as the February 2023 BOTM. His build details may be found here:

Please follow all instructions posted below to enter this month's BOTM:

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#4 ·
I guess I'll give this another shot -- I'm not sure what to call this other than a Rushmore Road Glide Limited. This bike started it's life as a 2014 Ultra Limited - the year they didn't make a RG- and remained so until April 15 2020 when I stumbled across this forum and found a couple fellas willing to show me that it could be transitioned into the bike it was always meant to be,

There's not much that hasn't been done to this bike. The easier way to state upgrades is to say the tank and the tourpak are the only thing that remain stock. Everything on the bike that could be chromed has been done, from the wheels and calipers to the inner primary and pulley. The engine is a 110 with Baisley Superstock heads, Tman 660 cams, roller rockers, a 64mm tb and a scorpion clutch. The drive pulley has been changed from a 32T to a 31T so it jumps pretty hard off the line. It's finished with a D&D Fatcat with a dummy pipe on the left side.

Bags, side covers and rear end are TopShop and I yanked the Limited front fender in favor of a smooth look without emblems. The bars are custom made by my buddy Joe at Vindikta and yes, they're tall measuring 20" from the bottom of the bar to the top of the point. In reality they're just 18s and ride like a dream. Suspension is Ohlin in the rear and the HD premium upgrade in the front and has Dakota Digital gauges.

More than anything the bike is a big audio bike with four amps, a dsp and 8 speakers if you don't count horns and compression drivers - if you do, it's 14. It comes in with a cool 4400w and plays loud enough that I can't hear the exhaust if I don't want to. Runs a Braille lithium battery and has the HD H.O. Charge System.

Bike has 36,000 miles on it after a super low mileage year in 2021 due to a busy normal life but it's ready to roll if we ever get a spring here in Minnesota. It's been to Sturgis, Nashville, St. Louis, Sedona, Arkansas and everywhere in between. We don't own a trailer but we do have two madstad shields for it given the weather forecast!

Thanks for your consideration.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

#12 · (Edited)
Ah what the hell only been on this site forever so may as well throw my name in the hat.

2017 FLTRX Road Glide 107 cu in M8 51K miles
18 in Yaffe Apes
Memphis Shades Hand Guards
Bassani 2 into 1 Road Rage II Pipe
SE Stage 1 Intake
S&S lifters and Quickee pushrods w/black push rod covers
A black crash bar was added recently
Tour Pak added as well

I'd have to say this bike has been amazing. I bought this bike brand new with 14 miles on it in August of 2017. I made the jump from a 95 cu in Twin Cam with +95 HP and +95 ft/lbs Torque. I had tried to get into the new road glide when they came back out in 15 only to find out how gutless a stock 103 cu in motor was. The 107 was everything my 95 cu in motor had and more. This pretty much amounts to my favorite aspect of the bike, never in my wildest dreams did I think that Harley would put a motor in a bike that had enough power and torque out of the box to make touring comfortable. They did it! I forgot to mention she's paid for too, which makes riding the ol girl that much sweeter.

I've ridden this bike cross-country to Tennessee and North Carolina. All over Montana, Colorado, Idaho and Wyoming as well. Although riding to TN and getting to ride the Appalachians was a treat, I really really enjoy riding in Idaho. I recently got back from Phoenix, Arizona as well which AZ is fun to ride, yet most of my riding consisted of commuting to school and work in Scottsdale. The bike performed well in the sweltering temperatures PHX has to offer. I ended up putting over 15K in 10 mo while living down there. I can see myself owning this bike through 100K mi. Thats only a mere 49K to go! All in all, I wouldn't choose another model to do my touring with.

Hope that's not too short......but if you ride a Harley you know that there aren't enough words in the English language to aptly describe the feeling or the love we have for our machines.

Good luck to the rest of the entrants!

Cheers!
Tim

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
My first Harley, although i rented Harleys for 10 years! Bought it in 2020, was so dificult to choose this color since I alway rode black bikes. But she kept calling my name at the dealership, so I made it mine. Took me a year to really fell in Love with her, now we are inseparable. I get anxious when I have to leave it for service. Upgraded engine to 131 Stage4, added front fenders and upgraded front and rear shocks, since I take this baby to the mountains a lot! Never wanted to have music riding before, but now, impossible not to, so I upgraded To Rockford stage2. It came with the Klock Werks windshield. Also, added punisher horn cover with American flag. Currently at shop since I am upgrading Transmission to Grudge Box and Dark Horse compensator. I took her to Sturgis for our honeymoon!

...forgot to mention: Jackpot 2-1-2 with Tab Zombie mufflers and of course Tuner by Dyno Jet!

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Sky
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

#20 · (Edited)
This is my 22 Road Glide Special FLTRXS. I purchased it wrecked and rebuilt it. It has base coat black with ZGA Hypershift pearl paint. I done all of the work myself with the exception of my wife helping wet sand. It has a Stage 4 131 engine, with S&S Sidewinder pipe. 21" Fat Spoke wheel and wrap around finder. 14" x 1 1/2" ape hangers. My favorite thing is thing about it is that I done the work myself.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Water Vehicle
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Water Motor vehicle

#23 ·
This is my bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My bike is like a best friend. It is my buddy ol pal. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless. I must ride my bike any chance I get.

My bike and I know that what counts in riding is not going fast, but more the sounds we emit and smoke we make.

This is "The Distinguished Performance Bagger" It's a 2022 HD RG Standard with the following modifications:

• Start Racing 30-30 cam
  • Feuling Solid Push Rods and upgraded retainers
  • Original Garage Motor Foot controls and Crash Bar
  • Screamin Eagle Intake Filter
  • American Suspension front and rear Mach shock package
  • Mini Ape Handle Bars
  • Rinehart Racing 2-1 exhaust
  • Black Powder Coated Engine rocker covers and front shock upper housing

Favourite aspect of my bike is the contrast of classic HD black/Chrome, but with a modern twist. My favourite memory is the day i picked it up from the shop after upgrades. I went for a ride with my friends and we ended up with 40 other bikes taking the same route. It was epic. Everyone immediately had huge respect for each-other and we kept riding in formation for about 3 hours, until we stopped and admired each-others bikes. It was the best feeling.

There's some fine looking scooters here. Good luck to all and ride safe!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.