Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 SERG with the Marelli system and want to gear drive a new 510 cam set along with A set of jackpot mufflers and a big sucker, all ive heard these can be a differnt animal. but not sure what to go with and if to do anything at all, the bike is stock with 20,000 miles, one local has sugested to to do a Delfi conversion another go with a P C and yet another the TTS Master tune. I just want a good running reliable bike wich is why i wanted to gear drive the cams in the first place, now am i opening a can of worms or what

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Your going to get different answers based on preference and experiance. Personally when I geared my Cams on a 2004 Electroglide standard, I used a Power commander and it worked well. Gearing is definitely a good way to increase torque. Once mine was done on the 88 engine with an open breather and true duals, I had no issue keeping up with 103's from a dead stop, it will help some on the top end, but the amount depends on the cam. It definitely makes the bike much more peppy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'd ask Jamie at FuelMoto for his opinion. That guy has done an awful lot with Power Commanders and maps, for a lot of configurations. I believe he is the biggest PC dealer in the country (or something like that).

Call him, don't send an e-mail as they are so busy this time of year, you may never get a response to the e-mail.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
I have a 99 with 95 in still running the MM injection, woods gear drives, PCIII, with big K&N breather, Rhinehart true duals and ported heads. 46k miles on the build, still doing 90.6 hp 98.8 ft # torque. Now the only draw back is the older PCIII will only do a single map, the newer PCIII USB will do seperate mapp for each cylinder. I love my setup and have NO problems with the MM and still getting around 50 mpg if I ride it rite.
Hope this helps.
If you decide to change the injection do your self a favor and look into the Horspower Inc replacement for the MM it is a plug and play unit no wiring harness changing
www.horsepowerinc.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts