Road Glide banner

Markel Ins.

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Zedbra 
#1 ·
I have used Markel for the last 10-12 years and they have always beat all the others on price, but like everybody else the prices are creeping up. I have never filed a claim on any insurance.

#3 ·
I grew up in a house where my mother worked for insurance companies for 45 years (35 for Allstate). Her advice was to check rates every year or two because the formula each company uses to determine rates changes. And that was before you could check rates online in a couple of minutes.

In the past ten years, I've been with four different companies. Currently, Progressive has the best rate for me. In two years it might be a different company. In my opinion, the days of your friendly neighborhood insurance guy are gone. Keep checking rates and change when necessary.

#4 ·
Up here in British Columbia it costs me around 2000$ a year to insure. We have to pay government basic for a plate which is about 1200$ for seven months. Then I pay around 700$ for a year for collision,theft etc. That covers me for storage insurance when im not riding. Canadian dollar by the way. Apparantly its going to go up considerably. If it does i wont be able to afford to ride. Criminal.

#5 ·
That's frickin horrible. I pay $656.60 for the 2 Freewheelers. 15 and 19. It will go up next year. Right now I'm not adding chrome. They already pay 2k. Next year when the trike has more done I'll bump it to 7k and my policy will jump about 100 bucks. That's Geico.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.