Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a road trip from Western Mass to Atlanta GA. in October. One stop for an overnight to visit a relative in Springfield, VA. is a must. The main roads we will be taking is I90, I87, I95 and I85. Just looking for input/ideas for places to stop or secondary roads to take to get us off the interstates for a while.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My buddy and I rode to AL last fall. First day was MA to Hagerstown MD, all highway. Then across VA to Pigeon Forge TN, with some detours onto the Blue Ridge along the way. From Pigeon Forge we rode down and did the Tail of the Dragon and then crossed the Smoky Mtns. and the Chattahoochee Natl Forest on the way to the outskirts of Atlanta. Nice ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know what kind of time you have for this trip. But 95 is horrible. I'd go inland and go down through the Poconos into the Smoky Mtns. Or maybe after your stop in Springfield head inland and take 81 down to 23/26 into the Smoky's. Bkue Ridge Pkwy and Skyline drive are awesome as are all the other roads there. Can ride right through to Northern Georgia to Atlanta

·
Registered
805 Posts
Agreed I-95 is horrible. I'd definitely head inland to I-84 thru Pa then head south. Va and W.Va have some great roads to ride. If you have the time that is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. Thats what we're looking for, some time off the interstate. Just worried about the time of year we're going if skyline drive and the parkway will be filled with foliage seekers. We may head on over to the Dragon on the trip back to Ma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts