Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you taller riders tried this seat or something similar? I'm 6'4" with a 36-37 inseam. I'm looking for a seat that will give me more leg room but also something that will be comfortable for 600+ mile days. Am currently using a Mustang Vintage super solo with matching pillion. It moves me back about 1 1/4" and is very comfortable but it has no back rest. Last Sept. I rode to Tennessee and back with it. Going out we took two days, coming back we rode straight through close to 870 miles. Once I get to the 600-800 mile days my butt starts to get sore. Have a trip planned to Sturgis this summer with a group and we're riding all the way. So, what I'm looking for is something that will give me leg room and be at least as comfortable as the Mustang if not more so. Anyone with firsthand experience with this seat or similar ones that have put these kind of miles on them, please give your input.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went from a DLL Lepera to this
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product...-Backrest-Harley-Davidsonreg-FLHTFLTRFLHRFLHX

I love the look of the Villan DLL but the backrest on the mustang helped my bad lower back issues.

So the DLL with 250 miles on it sits in a box on the shelf.
I'm 6'7" and the Mustang is fine. The backrest took a lil getting use to but now I would hate to ride without one. It at first makes you think you lost leg room because you aren't slouching. It makes you sit up more,but on the highway or back roads with the wind pushing you it takes the stress off arm to hold your forward.

I've considered this very seat because I do like the Mustang I have now. I just noticed they offer the DLL with a back rest now, that's why I was curious about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.